Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 M6 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop is relatively new, it's been less than a year since I bought it new from the store. Initially it worked fine, but after a month or so I started having problems with the video streaming. It wouldn't play videos at all for an entire month. It didn't matter what I tried. Now it plays videos, sometimes. I can be watching a video fine, but if I pause for too long the video will not resume playing. If I restart the computer it plays fine again. Sometimes the videos will play but there will be no audio. Once again, restarting the computer helps. Othertimes the video wont play at all until I restart the computer. It has gotten to the point where I'm restarting my computer mulitple times while I do my online classes. It's starting to drive me insane. Please help!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you provide the complete model of your PC. Somethimg like x360 M6 x000xx, so that we can take a look at drivers and specs of your system.

When the video stops playing can you go into Task Manager and under the Tab performance see if the network or disk is being used a lot in that moment. I am thinking that after you start the PC and are viewing the stream there could be automatic updates of windows or other applications which start downloading in background.

Does it also happen if you view offline videos? What Browser do you use to watch streaming?

In Task manager go to startup and see what applications are starting up together with windows and disable all unecessary applications.

Run an anti-Malware program such as Malwarebytes (free) and see the results, uninstall after use.

https://www.malwarebytes.com/

and also run the anti-Adware cleaner

https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner/

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help! 
The only thing I can find in the my PC section is HP Envy x360 m6 Convertible. It says the os build is 14393.953. I have no idea if that helps at all. 

The disk bounced around from 0-15% the couple minutes that I watched it while the video would not play. 

I don't know if it happens with videos that are not online, I don't have any on my computer and the only time I watch videos is when they are online. I use Chrome. When the issues first started happening I tried using other browsers but they also would not play the videos. 

I got rid of the unneccessary startups, downloaded and scanned the computer with the links you provided, and I'm still having the same issue. 

HP Recommended

i am also having same problem with my new hp probook

HP Recommended

Hi @miltan 

Try and see if there are any updates available for the PC.

Go into settings and go to Update and security and click on Verify for updates. Let the notebook completely update.

Open HP support assistant on PC and check and install updates.

You could also check if you have version 1809 of Windows 10 on the PC.

Press WinKey + R and types winver

If not, you can update here

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

(Then update the PC again as in first steps)

Hope it helps,

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.