Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook 17-g150cy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

1) What do the letters "CY" at the end the model number signify ..........  model number: 17-g-150cy?

2) Using HP Partsufer and the product number-N9E32UA, the part number for the screen is 809300-001 (LCD PANEL 17.3 AG HD+ TS (HD+ is 1600 x 900) ...... What is the actual "model number" for this part.  I wish to determine this without having to disassemble the display panel.

3) Does HP have an "on-site" comparison chart for the Pavilion notebooks? There are so many model numbers which are so close to each other, I want to see the difference.

thanks for your assistance in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

No, HP won't supply the list.  HP uses parts from many other vendors but HP always works on HP part numbers. Wireless cards and video cards are few examples, we have to use HP parts and/or HP drivers even we know where they come from.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

1. Normally the last 2 characters on an HP laptop is for a country, region or market code BUT HP can change anytime. I don't know how often they update the following table:

https://pubudufit.wordpress.com/2012/12/03/what-do-last-2-letters-mean-on-hp-notebook-computers/

2 & 3. You can use HP Partsufer and expand (red circle) to see your machine is in there or not. As you can see there are 95 models/products use same part 809300-001:

screen.png

Confirmed: your machine is on the list.

Regards

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks again, 

The HP Partsufer list my model as one of the devices to use this part.

I'm looking for the actual model number for the part (Digitizer &  LCD Screen combined)  and manufacturer of that part.

HP Recommended

Hi,

No, HP won't supply the list.  HP uses parts from many other vendors but HP always works on HP part numbers. Wireless cards and video cards are few examples, we have to use HP parts and/or HP drivers even we know where they come from.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for your assistance, i really appreciate it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.