Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Stream 11 R00
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi, I recently purchased a HP Stream 11 R00 laptop with Windows 10. When I hook up my HDMI cable to our tv, there is visual only, no audio. When I do to devices, I am not able to locate or add my tv and I have tried installing Intel Graphics Driver from this site, but get error message as follows : " This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing this software". Any suggestions please? Thanks in advance,Ruthie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your response.

I have followed your instruction and confirmed the Realtek HD Audio is present, but the Intel is not.

Could you please advise which driver I should try to download?

My full product id: HPStream 11- R00 7TU.

Kind regards,

Ruthie

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

When you go to the device manager and click to expand the Sound Video and Game Controllers category, you should be seeing a Realtek HD audio device and an Intel HD Audio device.

If you see those devices, the HDMI audio should be working, and unfortunately, I wouldn't know why it isn't.

However, if you see a Realtek HD audio device and a device just labeled as a HD Audio device, that means the Intel HD audio driver is not installed, which is why the audio isn't working from the HDMI port.

I would be able to try and help you with that problem if that is the issue.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your response.

I have followed your instruction and confirmed the Realtek HD Audio is present, but the Intel is not.

Could you please advise which driver I should try to download?

My full product id: HPStream 11- R00 7TU.

Kind regards,

Ruthie

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Issue fixed. I did another search on the HP Support drivers list and downloaded the older version for Intel HD Graphics.

Seems to have worked!f

Thanks so much for your efforts and quick response.

Kind regards,

Ruthie

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Ruthie.

Glad you were able to resolve the problem by installing the older Intel HD graphics driver version.

Best Regards,

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.