Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 Notebook ar001ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Greetings.

Windows 10 Home x64 (build 14393.693).  (latest updates 29.01.2017)

Issue with HP IR camera (latest driver from HP site, sp77657.exe, ver. 10.0.10586.11211, 29.07.2016)

Sometimes after restoring from sleep mode camera works 1-2 seconds and then goes off.

As result windows Hello cannot recognize face and cannot logon to system.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings @F-kons,

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing an issue with the webcam on your computer. Happy to help.

Apart from updating the webcam driver, have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

Does the webcam work on other applications?

Recommend you to install and run HP Support Assistant to make sure all the drivers are updated. Click here

If the issue persists, uninstall the webcam from device manager. Delete the driver when prompted. 

Restart the computer couple times and check. 

Let me know how it goes. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings @F-kons,

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing an issue with the webcam on your computer. Happy to help.

Apart from updating the webcam driver, have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

Does the webcam work on other applications?

Recommend you to install and run HP Support Assistant to make sure all the drivers are updated. Click here

If the issue persists, uninstall the webcam from device manager. Delete the driver when prompted. 

Restart the computer couple times and check. 

Let me know how it goes. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Greetings.

> If the issue persists, uninstall the webcam from device manager. Delete the driver when prompted. 

> Restart the computer couple times and check. 

> Let me know how it goes. 

Thanks. Uninstalling and reinstalling driver from device manager helps. Very strange.

HP Recommended

Hi @F-kons,

As @Chimney_83 is out of office for the day, I am responding on his behalf. I am very glad to know that the issue has been resolved.

Please reach out any time and we are always there to assist you. 🙂

Take care and have a blessed weekend. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.