Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 - m6-w105dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Last night I updated my laptop's bios to the most recent version. After this, an issue arose where the screen appears to display a vast array of colors.  This issue always occurs when the computer wakes up, and must be opened and closed about two times for it to return to normal. Restarting does not solve it. The issue occurs when the computer runs on the dedicated graphics card and the integrated graphics. The darker square on the screen is the cursor, which does move normally with the touchpad. I apprciate any help, and will provide more information if needed.P_20151128_180625 (1).jpgP_20151128_180632.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HI @Hotpancake, @Hazemadeeb,

Thank you for your patients.

I have done some further research and it would appear that you need to update a driver.  Try this step first.

Download and install the following driver.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp73001-73500/sp73373.exe

Please post back with the results.

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi @Hotpancake,

Welcome to the HP Forums!:smileyhappy:

It is a terrific place to find answers and tips!

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide:

Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that after updating the bios your display became very pixelated. If you open and close it a couple of times it becomes normal. This occurs when waking from sleep mode.

Does this happen when starting after a full shutdown?

Have you done all your Windows updates?

Have you ran the  HP Support Assistant  to aid with HP updates.

Here is a link to  HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 😎 that may help.

If the issue  remains you can restore the bios back as you did not have this issue before.  Here is a link to :HP Notebook PCs - Restoring the BIOS to aid with that process if necessary.

Please let me know the outcome.

Thank you  for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as you. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as   "Accept as Solution"   to help other community  members!

To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the   Thumbs Up   below.  

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Hi,

I am facing this problem as well.

When I restart the laptop, the probelm does nto happen.

It only happens from a sleep mode wakeup.

It satreted after I upgraded the BIOS.

I didnt understand the way to go back to my older stable BIOS? and, Is the process safe?

Thanks.

Hazem

HP Recommended

Hi @Hazemadeeb,

Welcome to the HP Forums!:smileyhappy:

It is a terrific place to find answers and tips!

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide: 

Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that you also have a pixelated screen when waking from sleep mode and this occurred after the  bios updated.

If you have completed the steps outlined and the issue remains  and you wish to restore your bios, the document posted in my previous post will guide you through the process.  If you feel uncomfortable doing it then please contact HP support for assistance.

Please contact HP support at Contact HP Support

When ever you make changes to the bios it always has the potential to cause damage as you are altering the basic input, output system.

To say thank you for replying please click the thumbs up button below.

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Thank you for the advice.

I'll try this out over the weekend and let you know what happens. 

HP Recommended

HI @Hotpancake, @Hazemadeeb,

Thank you for your patients.

I have done some further research and it would appear that you need to update a driver.  Try this step first.

Download and install the following driver.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp73001-73500/sp73373.exe

Please post back with the results.

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Hi @Sparkles1,

It worked! The problem disappered :)))

Thanks,

Hazem

HP Recommended

This resolved the issue. Thank you for the help.

HP Recommended

@Sparkes1 @Hotcake @Hazemadeeb

I am having this exact issue. My display is identical after waking from a sleep. I would love to try the same fix but everytime I download it, the download fails around 154kb. Is there another link you can provide? Thank you sooooo much!

HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue. 
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.