Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 15-af131dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can't access Radeon settings after I updated my video driver and then rolled it back to an older version. When I try to access it, I get this message:

Untitled.png

I am currently running driver version 15.201.1101.0. How can I get Readon settings back?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HPlaptop51

This is exactly why I have driver updates DISABLED in Win10 -- so it won't "break" my PC with updates.  I had to disable it in Win10, but I also had to disable it in the AMD Crimson Edition tool -- since it was also trying to force updates on me.

The version you mentioned is the correct version for your PC and Win10.

So, the first thing I would do is go to this page and download the AMD driver: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-15-af100-Notebook-PC-series/8543365/model/8961406

Copy that driver to a USB stick so you can insert it later.

Then, what I would suggest is that you download and run this tool to completely remove all traces of the AMD driver: AMD Clean Uninstall Utility

When that is done, try to reinstall the AMD driver from the file on the USB stick.  It should work properly, this time.

Then, block driver updates in Win10: How to stop Windows 10 from automatically updating device drivers - windows 10 - Windows 10

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

HPlaptop51

This is exactly why I have driver updates DISABLED in Win10 -- so it won't "break" my PC with updates.  I had to disable it in Win10, but I also had to disable it in the AMD Crimson Edition tool -- since it was also trying to force updates on me.

The version you mentioned is the correct version for your PC and Win10.

So, the first thing I would do is go to this page and download the AMD driver: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-15-af100-Notebook-PC-series/8543365/model/8961406

Copy that driver to a USB stick so you can insert it later.

Then, what I would suggest is that you download and run this tool to completely remove all traces of the AMD driver: AMD Clean Uninstall Utility

When that is done, try to reinstall the AMD driver from the file on the USB stick.  It should work properly, this time.

Then, block driver updates in Win10: How to stop Windows 10 from automatically updating device drivers - windows 10 - Windows 10

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks, problem solved!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.