Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

My new HP Envy x2 notebook screen inversed its colours. Now in a pdf- or word documents have white letters and black background. Also staring icons have black background. Everything was in order for two weeks, but suddenly this black and white problem was there.

How to correct this?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

If recently use option #3 of the following link will help:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-pictures/laptop-screen-shows-negative-col...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi Askojv,

I did this myself by accident too 🙂 I had no idea what setting I changed!

I set the 'high contrast' setting when playing around at login.

To fix this, from the Start Screen (press the windows key)

type "high contrast"

Then select "Settings" on the right charms bar

Select "Turn High Contrast on or off"

Then move the slider to 'off' on the setting for High Contrast

You can also change this from the log-in screen. Click onthe little symbol in the lower left corner, looks kind of like a circle with a slice cut out.

Then move the slider for High Contrast to "off"

Please let me know if this resolved it!

I am an HP employee

-Bryan
HP Recommended
I ended up doing the same thing and Bryan_N, you're advice was so helpful! Worked like a charm, thanks!
HP Recommended

my screen has gone negative..at least just the pictures and videos. How do I fix it? It cannot be that hard and doesn't have to cost me $250 or even a dollar

HP Recommended

thanks, as an Apple user, the PC is often a puzzle to me. This worked immediately.

HP Recommended

my chromebook screen has gone into negative display

HP Recommended

my chromebook screen has gone into negative colours

HP Recommended

Thanks. I did the same thing by accident and this answer helped me set it back. Greatly appreciated. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.