Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-s0000 (76T53AV)

Sometimes while browsing YouTube or any news tab on my laptop, the screen goes black, or there are glitches, or sometimes a gray screen appears, even though I've updated the graphics card and Windows to the latest version. What should I do?

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hi @salmanmohamed,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to assist you.

I see that you are facing an issue with your Laptop screen that glitches intermittently.

Follow the below steps to access the BIOS menu.

1) Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer. (Wait for a few seconds after releasing the power button)

2) Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu is displayed, press the f10 to access the BIOS menu.

If the issue appears on the BIOS, there is an issue with the hardware.

Or

Kindly refer to the steps on this link to update the BIOS and let me know if that fixes the issue.

Make sure you keep only the charger plugged in while updating the BIOS for your PC.

Click on the + sign next to BIOS and then download the file.

Open the file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.

Install all the pending updates for the Windows operating system following the below steps.

go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and select Check for updates. If the upgrade is available for your device and you want to proceed, download and install it.

If the issue still persists, please click on this link for advance troubleshooting.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

"I made two new updates; I'll see if the problem gets resolved or not. I'll keep you informed. Thank you for your concern."

HP Recommended

"I have tested all the hardware components of the device, and there is no issue. The BIOS is updated to the latest version."

HP Recommended

As I mentioned, I updated the graphics card to the latest version a couple of hours ago, and just now I updated Windows. I ran a full system scan, and there don't seem to be any hardware issues. However, while I was watching, the screen went black for about thirty seconds and then returned to normal, but the sound was still working. This problem has been happening for over two weeks now, despite my regular updates for both Windows and the graphics card. What could be causing this issue, and how can it be resolved?

HP Recommended

Please help me fix this issues black screen keeps coming all the time no thing to deal with the hardware its all about the software i guess ,please make update or any thing to solve this isuue

HP Recommended

Should the Post Hotkey Delay be zero?

HP Recommended

"I want to know what's causing the problem, whether it's hardware in the graphics card, monitor, or motherboard. I've done diagnostics, but nothing showed up. This problem has been going on for a month. What could be causing it? I've done all the necessary checks and updates, but there's nothing else I can do. The problem is a black screen for about thirty seconds intermittently, and then it goes away on its own while the sound continues to work. This issue doesn't occur when running heavy programs or games. I hope I've explained the problem clearly for a solution."

HP Recommended
i have black screen comes every two days for 30 sec and return alone back it happens 2 or three times one after the other i tired  with this problem

HP Recommended

as you told me i have checked bios menu and i could not find a problem is that a big sure that there is no problem with hardware? the problem still happens all the time and it bother me could you please help me

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.