Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Zbook Studio G3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I received a Zbook Studio G3 from my company recently and I'm trying to get used to the touchpad. I had always been using the nipple before.

I have two issues.

1- I cannot find a menu option to disable "tap to click". I'm not a big fan of it.

2- I use the bottom part of the touchpad only for clicking. Is it possible to make this part ineffective to mouse cursor movement? Very often, I accidentally drag while clicking.

Thanks already for responses.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Dear Customer,

Please try the below steps and tell us if was helpful.

All Settings>Devices>Mouse & touchpad>Additional mouse options and choose the Clickpad Settings tab, click the ClickPad Settings button.

Under MultiFinger Gestures, uncheck Pinch Zoom. You  maight have to disable Two Finger Scrolling also.

Click OK, then OK again.

If that does not help, Go back and under Tapping, uncheck two, three and four finger tapping.

In the Settings dialog windows for Mouse and touchpad, you can change the Touchpad sensitivity drop down box to Long delay.

• Click the “Start” menu – Type control panel and then select “Control panel” – Change the “view by” to “Small icons” – Select “Mouse” from the list.
  • Mouse properties window will open. Go to “Device settings / Touchpad” tab and then select “Disable” to disable the touchpad.

PS: You can check the box which says “Disable internal pointing device when external USB pointing device is attached” to disable the touchpad only when you are connecting the external mouse.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Dear Customer,

Please try the below steps and tell us if was helpful.

All Settings>Devices>Mouse & touchpad>Additional mouse options and choose the Clickpad Settings tab, click the ClickPad Settings button.

Under MultiFinger Gestures, uncheck Pinch Zoom. You  maight have to disable Two Finger Scrolling also.

Click OK, then OK again.

If that does not help, Go back and under Tapping, uncheck two, three and four finger tapping.

In the Settings dialog windows for Mouse and touchpad, you can change the Touchpad sensitivity drop down box to Long delay.

• Click the “Start” menu – Type control panel and then select “Control panel” – Change the “view by” to “Small icons” – Select “Mouse” from the list.
  • Mouse properties window will open. Go to “Device settings / Touchpad” tab and then select “Disable” to disable the touchpad.

PS: You can check the box which says “Disable internal pointing device when external USB pointing device is attached” to disable the touchpad only when you are connecting the external mouse.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.