Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 13-4183nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I just bought a Targus stylus (http://targus.com/us/stylus-for-tablets-and-smartphones-black-amm01tbus) to use with my HP Spectre x360. Unfortunately it doesn't work very well with the touchscreen; I have to press it so hard that the screen wobbles back and forth. I find this strange because it is very sensitive when I use my finger; a light touch is enough.

Is there a setting where I can remedy this? I tried Calibrate, but it seemed to only calibrate for location, not sensitivity.

Or, would anyone recommend a specific stylus other than the HP Active Stylus? I just want a simple, non-battery-operated stylus to use to draw and take notes without smudging my screen with fingerprints.

Thank you,

Chuck

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The question has been answered through trial-and-error. Only a battery-operated pen will give full functionality because the pen-to-screen contact requires an electrical current as well as pressure. There is no way to calibrate for pressure sensitivity. The screen responds to many levels of pressure, but I wish there was a way to set the minumum "baseline" pressure.

I returned the Targus and bought the Dell Active Stylus 750-AAGN because it got much better reviews than the HP Active Stylus, and I love it. It is extremely accurate and precise without any calibration and works right out of the box.

I called Wacom (the manufacturers of the Bamboo line of styli) and they said they plan to launch a new stylus for Windows devices in the middle of this year.

Best,

Chuck

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The question has been answered through trial-and-error. Only a battery-operated pen will give full functionality because the pen-to-screen contact requires an electrical current as well as pressure. There is no way to calibrate for pressure sensitivity. The screen responds to many levels of pressure, but I wish there was a way to set the minumum "baseline" pressure.

I returned the Targus and bought the Dell Active Stylus 750-AAGN because it got much better reviews than the HP Active Stylus, and I love it. It is extremely accurate and precise without any calibration and works right out of the box.

I called Wacom (the manufacturers of the Bamboo line of styli) and they said they plan to launch a new stylus for Windows devices in the middle of this year.

Best,

Chuck

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.