Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 15 Notebook PC 15-f211wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Screen display resolution is normal until I connect (wirelessly) to the internet. Then web pages are displayed in an extremely compressed size. How do I get them back to normal size?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@rgbrgb

Thank you for the update,
I appreciate your time and efforts,

Based on the details you've provided, I recommend the steps listed below:

• Reset the Microsoft edge browser: Click here for details.
    (The above link is 3rd party and is not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that i may help you resolve this issue by going beyond by support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions)

• If issue persists, Try with an alternate browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox,

Keep me posted,
If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@rgbrgb

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand the Web pages displayed in very compressed size whilst using a WiFi connection,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

What is the product number of your product? Click here to find out: Click here

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? Have you attempted a system restore?

Which browser are you using? if it's chrome - try this link: Click here 

(The above link is 3rd party and is not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that I may help you resolve this issue by going beyond by support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions)

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!
Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My model number is 15-f211wm. I've had very limited experience connecting wirelessly to the internet. The first time or two I didn't have a problem, but now the size shrinking happens all the time. Could it be because of a weak signal? I'm tapping into a neighbor's Wi-Fi network (with his permission). I can't find this problem discussed in any of the reference books I have on Windows 10. The browser that I am using is Microsoft Edge, that came with the laptop. I've done very little experimentation before contacting the forum. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

HP Recommended

@rgbrgb

Thank you for the update,
I appreciate your time and efforts,

Based on the details you've provided, I recommend the steps listed below:

• Reset the Microsoft edge browser: Click here for details.
    (The above link is 3rd party and is not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that i may help you resolve this issue by going beyond by support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions)

• If issue persists, Try with an alternate browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox,

Keep me posted,
If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I found the instructions for manually resetting the Edge browser a bit sketchy, so I decided not to do anything that I might regret later because I didn't fully understand the instructions. Instead, I have switched to Internet Explorer, which is still part of Windows 10. I only used Edge several times and already it is "broken." How do I know that the same thing won't happen again even if I reset it? Internet Explorer may be slower but it is much more robust, so I'll wait for Microsoft to make Edge more reliable before trying to use it again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.