Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

I have bubbles that rise vertically from the bottom of the touch screen and make my screen think I am touching anything they touch which makes the whole computer not work. Help!!!!

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Dear Customer,

Welcome and Thank you for posting your query on HP Support Forum.

As per the issue posted I understand that you are unable to use the PC because the white bubbles all over your screen.

Please provide the following information to narrow down  the issue:

1. What is the model name / number of the PC you are using? ( Because I can provide you the drivers to update).

2. Boot the unit to "SAFE MODE" by pressing F8 at the boot up, check if yu are able to see the same issue.

3. If you don't see the issue in "SAFE MODE", boot the PC again to F8 and choose " Last Known good Configuration" which might resolve the issue.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,
VSL85
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

HP Recommended
Slight problem there in that last night in my annoyance I decided to do a refresh of the system. I am yet to reinstall windows onto it as for some strange reason I couldn't get it to find a wireless network last night and didn't have time to complete the process. Will this, once I have the laptop back online and windows reinstalled cause problems with what you have suggested above?
I did read someone else with a similar issue was told the issue was with the touch screen shorting and had to get it replaced ???
HP Recommended

Dear Customer,

I appreciate your efforts in completely re installing the Operating System, indeed it is a good choice you have made.

However even after doing this if you still see the bubbles on the screen, Yes I agree that it seems to be a hardware related issue.

I would request you to contact HP Support and check your units warranty and get the Touch Screen replaced.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again.

Thank You,
VSL85

HP Recommended
Is there a number I can ring them on as it is difficult at the moment for me to do this all online unless I am at work or could I just take it back to the store as I only bought it last July
HP Recommended

Dear Customer,

Welcome and Thank you for posting your query on HP Support Forum.

Please use this weblink and choose your region and the mediuom of support you want.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again.

It was my pleasure assisting you, I will more than happy to help you for any other quiries also.

Thank You,
VSL85

HP Recommended

I had the same problem with my HP Notebook. I contacted HP Support online chat. They said it was a problem with my graphics drivers. They took control of my computer remotely and uninstalled and reinstalled updated drivers from microsoft for windows 10 (what I use). It worked!

HP Recommended

The Synaptics driver is bad.  Delete the device and driver and let Windows load its version.  Fixed.

Steps:

Control Panel, Hardware and Sound, Devices and Printers,  Device Manager,  Mice and other pointing devices, Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad, Right Click, Uninstall,  Delete Driver, Reboot and let Windows load driver.  It puts the Windows Hardware Compatibility driver on.  Problem solved.

HP Recommended

It doesn't matter what make/model computer you have. I have seen this issue mentioned for a variety of computers [HP, Sony Asus...]. I've never seen it on an Apple, tho. So, the cause is not specific to any make of computer. I have never seen a cause nor a solution. It seems that the geeks ought to be able to at least say what is causing a problem which affects multiple makes, but they can't. It also seems like trouble-shooting ought to at least detect the problem, but it doesn't.

Windows needs a decent trouble shooter.

I have 1 jiggling circle now, [i've had as many as 10] but it doesn't seem to be causing a problem right now. Sometimes the circles seem to be clicking on random websites or files and bringing them flashing up on the screen. And the pointer goes out of control. I also get 2 pointers, but one is immobile while the other is hard or impossible to control. I also get a black square outline.  Yet the maintenance and trouble shooter insists that everything is working properly.

This problem has been in forums for years. Yet no one is coming up with a cause or solution.

HP Recommended

I have encountered the same issues.  After multiple calls to HP for assistance I gave up.  I did some research and found that the problem is not limited to HP touch screen products.  There are other brands with the same issue.  I was able to resolve the issue by doing the following:

1)  Go to Device Manager > Human Interface Device > HID compliant touch screen driver

2)  Uninstall the driver

3)  Restart the computer.  Windows will automatically replace the driver with a fresh copy.

Once I did that, the problem has disappeared.  I had to repeat the same process after a recent Windows 10 update.  I have no idea why this works, but it does.

Hope this helps someone else that has faced this same frustrating problem.  The only other option is to disable the touch screen driver and lose the functionality.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.