Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Notebook - 17t-n100 CT

Hi,

my f2 key all the way to f11 are not doing what it should this problem started a few days ago and i havent done anything to damage it or mess with files or whatever. Some of the buttons still work but dont do what it should for example f2 which is the decrease brightness button now does nothing when pressed where as f3 which is the brightness increase button seems to open a header at the top of the page searching for page numbers, keys f2-f11 are all experiencing one of these two problems.

please help me.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
Hi,

Try enabling Action keys from BIOS:
http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02035108

HP Recommended

Very helpful thank you one thing which i thought was weird though is as i came on my laptop i just pressed one of the f keys eg f2 and it did the action indicated on the key i was so suprised then i came on and saw this message and not sure if i pressed the fn key without realising between yesterday and today but very helpful and if this problem comes up again i will use the other metod of fixing it 'going through the link you sent' hopefully it getting fixed is because i pressed that button rather than my laptop choosing when to work 😕 fairly new laptop expensive too. (for me anyway)

thank you so much 🙂

HP Recommended

You're very welcome 🙂

Good luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.