Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-051us
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Device Manager info indicates subject camera is fully functional with up-to-date drivers, but does not work.  For example, Skype shows Cyberlink Youcam 6 and instructs me to turn on camera.  I have researched for 6-8 hours and found nothing that solved the problem.

Thanks in advance if you can provide an actual solution.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Camera not found with either Youcam 5 or 6.  Also with Youcam uninstalled, the Camera app of Windows 10 shows the camera not found.  So the problem is not related to Youcam at all.  It's an issue with Windows 10 and unrelated to HP software.  Thanks for trying.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hey@Broadhead,

Thanks for reaching out to HP Support Forums. One stop for all solutions about your HP product.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

I was going through your post and would like to help you.

You need assistance in fixing the Webcam issue on the PC. Is that, Correct?

I believe you need to reinstall the Youcam software and check if that solves the issue.

I was able to find an HP article which specifically addresses the issue you have described above.

Try the link below and check if that solves the issue.

http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03430151

Hope the above steps will help you finds the solution. Please share more to serve you.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended
Yes I did delete Youcam 5 and install Youcam 6 to no avail. I have already read all documentation in the linm you provided.

The problem is not with Youcam in my opinion. I noticed that the Pavilion has one thing (the subject camera) listed under "imaging" in the Device Manager. Another machine on which the video works fine with Skype has that one and a second thing in Imaging, "HP webcam". I theorize the missing file is the cause, but don't know how to add it or if it is the cause anyway.
HP Recommended

Hi@Broadhead,

Thanks for the response.

Have you tried installing the older version of the Youcam and checked if that solve the issue?

Hope the information shared will help you. Please share for more.

Resolv_S

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended
I have not attempted to regress to Youcam 5. When I first noticed the problem, Youcam 5 was installed. I think trying the same thing hoping for a different outcome would be beating a dead horse.

Any thoughts about the absent imaging file I mentioned in my previous post?
HP Recommended

Hi@Breadhead,

Thanks for the response.

Please share the correct model number of the PC in order to find a right update/solution for the issue.

Resolv_S

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
The model number for the machine in question was put in my first post and I think it was from an identification performed by your website. Is the aforemenioned model ID incorrect?
HP Recommended

Hi@Broadhead,

Thanks for the response.

The model number is incomplete due to which I am unable to check the details of the product and help you.

Resolv_S

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
Right, my mistkae. Correct model number is 15-P051us
HP Recommended

Hi@Broadhead,

Thanks for the response.

Try reinstalling the older version of Youcam software and check if that helps you.

Use the link below to download the Youcam software.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp67001-67500/sp67283.exe

Resolv_S

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.