Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
spectre 360-x
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Basically, I use two types of programs day to day:

1. dB software (Zoot)

2. Photo software: Lightroom & Photoshop

On this machine there are 2gig dedicated graphics

What I'd like to know is the best way to use it. How can I prevent a program (ex my dB prgram) from using it? How do I instruct my graphics heavy programs to use it? Does it switch in & out when I swtich between programs (Ex Lightroom vs Photoshop0

This is the first system I've owned with dedicated graphics so I'm not sure how to make use of this option.

Thank you very much. 

Jan Rifkinson

Ridgefield CT USA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes it will apply.

That is the only way you can assign​ dedicated graphics to a program.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
Hi,

The dedicated graphic chip gets automatically assigned depending on whether program is graphic intensive one

You can also manuall​y do it, please read Setting the graphics processor for one software program or game section in this HP document if your laptop came with NVIDIA dedicated graphic system: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03519217

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your help.  I have a NVIDIA GeForce 940mx so I'm not sure if the instructions you've provided are applicable. TIA

HP Recommended

Yes it will apply.

That is the only way you can assign​ dedicated graphics to a program.

HP Recommended

OK, Thank you very much for your help. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.