Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

hi

i have a probook 455 and i wanted to know is there any full-hd or hd+ screen that matches with this model?

i think my lcd is like this:
http://www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/HP-Compaq/PROBOOK~455~G1~(F2P93UT)/

and i read this link:
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/hp-probook-4540s-upgrade-laptop-screen...

i want to know if other hp lcd's or other brands can be used? help me if you know the full-hd or hd+ lcd model.
actually i am not satisfied with contrast of 455

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes and No.

No as the comupter and components are designed to best suite with eachother. So manufacturers will not support using incompatible parts though custamization is accepted.

Yes as there are technicians who can mix and match the components but the combination needs regular maintenance and watch. I would not recommand doing this as it may end up in failutes and issues.

Workaround would be to buy a HD monitor(ecternal) and connect it. There are n number of options in HD monitor to choose from.

Wish you luck,
Karthik

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Yes and No.

No as the comupter and components are designed to best suite with eachother. So manufacturers will not support using incompatible parts though custamization is accepted.

Yes as there are technicians who can mix and match the components but the combination needs regular maintenance and watch. I would not recommand doing this as it may end up in failutes and issues.

Workaround would be to buy a HD monitor(ecternal) and connect it. There are n number of options in HD monitor to choose from.

Wish you luck,
Karthik

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

yeah actually i wish someone did it before to tell me ...
maybe i should search it myself
i thought chassis of 4xx series are the same so finding a full-hd model could be easy

thanks anyway

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.