Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
g6-1257ea Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This laptop came with Windows 7 64. Microsoft kindly allowed me to upgrade to Windows 10 a while ago. Since then I have problems with connecting to wifi or maintaining a connection. I have had all the driver updates that were supposed to help but didn't. I uninstalled the latest drivers and reverted to a Windows 8 driver and still the problem is there. I am currently using a 5 year old USB realtex wifi dongle to keep my internet wifi connection consistent.

The half card that's installed in the laptop is a Broadcom 94313HMGB and there is no suitable driver for it on Windows 10.

Can anyone suggest an alternative card to swap this one out? One that works with Windows 10!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can't see the BIOS whitelist.  Not anyway that I know of.

The supported wlan cards with their HP part numbers can be found in chapter 3, pages 24-25 of the maintenance and service guide found in the user guides section of your PC's support page.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-g6-1200-Notebook-PC-series/5145704/model/5198930/man...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Did you try the W8.1 BCM wireless driver for that card on W10?

6.30.223.267 Rev.A (17 Sep 2015)

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72931.exe

Since your notebook has a BIOS whitelist, you can only install one of the wlan cards listed in the service manual for your notebook, and looking at the list of cards there, I would say the one you have now has the best chances of working on W10.

HP Recommended

I downloaded that driver at the end of November and it is still loaded. There were less disconnections but it still happened. I have 2 USB sticks. The one I'm currently using, a Realtek one and also an Atheros one. Neither give me any disconnections.

Have you any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I don't.

I would continue using the usb network adapters.

If you want to take a chance on one of those other wireless cards, then try the Ralink one or the Atheros one.

However, I am really skeptical that the hardware revisions are new enough to work with W10.

You must get one with the HP part number on it or it will not work.

HP Recommended

Can you help me with Ralink or Atheros card model numbers? Where can I see the qhitelist for my Bios?

HP Recommended

Hi:

You can't see the BIOS whitelist.  Not anyway that I know of.

The supported wlan cards with their HP part numbers can be found in chapter 3, pages 24-25 of the maintenance and service guide found in the user guides section of your PC's support page.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-g6-1200-Notebook-PC-series/5145704/model/5198930/man...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.