Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15 r015dx Notebook
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi. I have a HP 15 r015dx Notebook. I have just recently downgraded it to Windows 7 Professional 64bit from Window 10. I have installed most of the drivers needed except for the Wireless and Bluetooth. I have search for all possible avenues to find a driver for my laptop and was unsucessful. I read an article Solve: HP 15-d006tu Windows 7 64-bit Wifi Driver where Paul Tikkanen provided a solution to the individual who had a  similar problem.

Can anyone in this forum give a solution to this problem I am facing.

Need of help.... ASAP

Bill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, Bill:

That is just what I needed.  Yes, you have a different wlan card with bluetooth than what the parts list showed.

Here are the links to the wireless and bluetooth drivers you need for that model wlan card...

This package contains the driver installation package for the Ralink wireless LAN Controllers in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. 

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71525.exe

This package contains the driver installation package for the MediaTek/Ralink Bluetooth in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp70501-71000/sp70570.exe

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi, Bill:

Here is the wireless card driver you need for your notebook...

This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

File name: sp72932.exe

According to the product specs page for your notebook, it does not come with built in bluetooth networking, or that feature would have been listed along with the 1x1 802.11b/g/n WLAN wireless connectivity specification.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-15-Notebook-PC-series/6875200/model/7174328/document/c0428929...

HP Recommended

Paul,

I have tried the wireless card driver you posted but it did not work. When I check the device manager under Other Device I can see Bluetooth Controller and Network Controller with a exclaimation mark. Hope there are other avenues available.

Bill

HP Recommended

Hi, Bill:

That is very interesting, because both the product specs and parts list state your notebook does not come with bluetooth.

Well, it will be easy to figure out what drivers you need when you do the following...

Please post the hardware ID for the device you see in the device manager labeled as a Network Controller.

To find the hardware ID, click on the Network Controller device.

Then click on the Details tab at the top of the Network Controller window.

Now you will see a Property drop down list, and it will be set to Device description.

Drop down on that list and select the 2nd item (Hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters that you see in the window.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Hardware ID for Network Controller

PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3290&SUBSYS_18EC103C&REV_00
PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3290&SUBSYS_18EC103C
PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3290&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3290&CC_0280ooo

Hardware ID for Bluetooth Controller

PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3298&SUBSYS_18EC103C&REV_00
PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3298&SUBSYS_18EC103C
PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3298&CC_0D1100
PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3298&CC_0D11

Hope the info above will do

HP Recommended

Hi, Bill:

That is just what I needed.  Yes, you have a different wlan card with bluetooth than what the parts list showed.

Here are the links to the wireless and bluetooth drivers you need for that model wlan card...

This package contains the driver installation package for the Ralink wireless LAN Controllers in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. 

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71525.exe

This package contains the driver installation package for the MediaTek/Ralink Bluetooth in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp70501-71000/sp70570.exe

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thank you so much for the assistance. My wireless device is working and like wise the bluetooth device.

You're awesome!!!!!

Bill

HP Recommended

Anytime, Bill.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.