Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 15t q300
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello all,

I've had my Envy 15t for just under a year now. It came with Windows 7 Pro 64-bit and has been running bluetooth with no issues since new. I've recently re-formatted with the same OS and had no trouble re-installing all but one of the drivers: Intel Bluetooth. The computer currently recognizes the hardware as 'Generic Bluetooth Adapter' + 'Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator'. 

The issue I am having is with that setup, adding any device which should be 'plug' and play (say, a bluetooth speaker) will result in an unrecognized 'Bluetooth Peripheral Device'. The solution I found (which worked on a friend's computer) was to obtain the bluetooth driver from the laptop manufacturer and install it. After the install, everything worked as it's supposed to and he can stream bluetooth audio with no issues, happy days.

However, on my HP Envy 15t, no version of Intel's Pro Wireless Bluetooth driver/software package will install; I always run into the exact same error at the same point during the installation. I have tried getting the software from Intel directly, through Intel's upgrade utility, directly from HP and through HP Support Assistant all to no avail. The error is as follows:

- "There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

When clicking 'OK', the setup 'rolls back' the installation and goes back to square one. I have noticed that, if I keep the error dialog open and don't allow it to roll back, the bluetooth seems to work (labelled as 'Intel Bluetooth Adapter' in Device Manager) and the device can scan for and find discoverable devices.

Has anyone run into this issue or can someone recommend how to proceed? Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Solved!!!!

To those having this issue, I believe it's associated with a corrupt registry/install preventing Intel Bluetooth from finishing a fresh and complete install.

I used this Microsoft Install/Uninstall utility to uninstall Intel Bluetooth software:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed...

Then I got the latest drivers straight from Intel that listed my model under supported wireless adapters (it's the same model as your WLAN chipset under 'Network Adapters' in Device Manager). Install worked like a charm.

Hope this solution works for others 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Diirewolf,

I hope you enjoy your visit to the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the Blue-tooth drivers . I will be glad to help you.

Please go into the device manager and delete the Blue-tooth driver showing, 'Generic Bluetooth Adapter' + 'Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator'.

Here is a link to download Intel Bluetooth Driver.

After installed restart the computer.

Try to connect the Blue-tooth speakers.

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

@Tardis40,

I managed to install the driver you suggested using your provided link and now have 'Intel Wireless Bluetooth' and 'Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator' under Bluetooth Radios in Dev Manager.

However I'm still having the same issue; I have tried two different  bluetooth speakers and when adding one, I get two or three 'Bluetooth Peripheral Device's unrecognized in devuce manager. The installer attempts to search for the driver through windows update but always ends with 'no driver found'.

Any other suggestions? Many thanks..

HP Recommended

Solved!!!!

To those having this issue, I believe it's associated with a corrupt registry/install preventing Intel Bluetooth from finishing a fresh and complete install.

I used this Microsoft Install/Uninstall utility to uninstall Intel Bluetooth software:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed...

Then I got the latest drivers straight from Intel that listed my model under supported wireless adapters (it's the same model as your WLAN chipset under 'Network Adapters' in Device Manager). Install worked like a charm.

Hope this solution works for others 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.