Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv7
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

So i installed windows 7 from 10 and after the downgrade im missing my wifi driver...it only allows me to connect to ethernet so i went on pcidatabase.com and put in my codes and got a driver for dell Wireless 1501/1503/1701 Half Mini Card Driver and i was confused that it was using a dell driver for an hp laptop so after attempting to install this driver it said i didnt have the hardware preset on my laptop, so now im confused and lost begging for any help i can get please ;c

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below are the links to the wifi and bluetooth drivers you need...

This package contains drivers for the supported Broadcom Wireless LAN Adapters in the supported notebook/laptop models and operating systems.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp57501-58000/sp57965.exe

This package contains software and a driver to support the Broadcom 2070 Bluetooth for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. The Broadcom 2070 Bluetooth Driver works together with the Broadcom WLAN Driver that supports the NIC in your notebook to enable Bluetooth connections. This package also provides additional Bluetooth Profiles.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp50001-50500/sp50180.exe

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Jake

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

If your laptop came with Win10 preinstalled, then downgrading it to Win7 was quite possibly a very bad idea!

New laptops have new hardware for which there simply does not exist Win7 drivers, and HP is not writing old OS drivers for the hardware present in their new laptops.

This means you could be stuck with the generic drivers that Microsoft provides and very often those lack feature you need such as video, audio, and networking.

Please follow these instructions to find the specfic detailed model number of your laptop:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0001

With that information, I can check to see if HP provides Win10 drivers for your model.

We can proceed once you provide the information.

Thanks

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi:

What is the full model number or product number of your dv7?

The product number can be found on the same sticker as the serial number.

HP Recommended

Here's some info i got about the pc

Product # Xh1z1ua#aba

Model-DV7 - 4177NR

also it came preinstalled with windows 7 but i made an upgrade to windows 10 but my gpu driver's were not compatible so i had to go back :c

HP Recommended

Here's some info i got about the pc

Product # Xh1z1ua#aba

Model-DV7 - 4177NR

HP Recommended

Hi:

Below are the links to the wifi and bluetooth drivers you need...

This package contains drivers for the supported Broadcom Wireless LAN Adapters in the supported notebook/laptop models and operating systems.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp57501-58000/sp57965.exe

This package contains software and a driver to support the Broadcom 2070 Bluetooth for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. The Broadcom 2070 Bluetooth Driver works together with the Broadcom WLAN Driver that supports the NIC in your notebook to enable Bluetooth connections. This package also provides additional Bluetooth Profiles.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp50001-50500/sp50180.exe

HP Recommended

Thank you so much! u solved my problem 🙂 ive been going nuts forever trying to find the right driver...thanks again paul 🙂

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.