Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Oh man!

unfortunately my warranty expired like 3 months ago. Unless there is a paid service for repair

HP Recommended

Hello @las05 

@Paul_Tikkanen can recommend a compatible wireless card for your notebook ( HP Spectre X360 Laptop - 15-Eb0053dx / product number 9GB30UA#ABA ). If he reads this, he may respond and be able to help you.

Purchase the card and install it or have it installed by a notebook repair service.

Kind regards

HP Recommended

Man, I hope so because this laptop has a soldered-on network card and I hope he can help me out

HP Recommended

Hi, @las05 

Unfortunately, you are correct.

Your notebook is one of the very few models that I know of where the Wi-Fi adapter is an integral part of the motherboard and cannot be simply removed and replaced.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP Spectre x360 15 Convertible PCIMPORTANT! This document is intended ...

Can you roll back the BIOS to the last version that was installed if you know what it was?

There are several previous versions.

HP Spectre 15-eb0000 x360 Convertible Laptop PC series Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer ...

Looking at the release notes for BIOS update F.15, it is very odd that would have caused the Wi-Fi card to quit working, but it must have if your notebook's Wi-Fi was working fine beforehand.

Your screenshots show that a couple of Wi-Fi/networking related tests failed.

HP Recommended

Thanks @Paul_Tikkanen for the speedy and very helpful support.

HP Recommended

It’s so odd and when I run the component test by pressing the F2 option, it’s still telling me that it passed. Unfortunately I don’t remember the previous version of bios it was running 

A439EF16-027A-4271-83A5-843F8D57116B.jpeg

HP Recommended

If you don't want to try rolling back to an earlier BIOS version, you may just want to play it safe  and continue to use the USB wifi adapter, and hope HP releases a subsequent BIOS update that may correct the problem. 

HP Recommended

I will try and roll back to the to the previous version, and if it doesn’t work, I’ll just be using a USB Wi-Fi device

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.