Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 15 w100-ur x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just got my Envy 15 w100-ur and I turned it on, installed OS. And I started to surf the internet but after about 1hour it disconnected from Wi-Fi, after reconnecting it stopped working. I've tried to fix it by HP diagnostic tool, windows diagnostic tool, reinstall Windows by HP Recovery Manager, update drivers, restart router, connect to wired internet, "netsh int ip reset," "netsh winsock reset". Nothing helped me. On another devices Internet works fine.

If turn off notebook and after 30min turn it on, and try to open some web page is successful. But after 1min speed is too slow(< .5mbps). It even can't open web page and restart doesn't help,  you need to leave it for a while turned off.

What could it be? Maybe I should try to install clean Windows?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I just solved it. I configured my router and put closer to the notebook, because even if Windows shows signal is strong but it was working very slow.

I think when I trying wired connection problem was in drivers, after that problem was in router. Thanks.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Qzab

It sounds like you have done much to fix the problem.

There is always the possibility that the computer is not performing as expected OR that there are other issues still hidden from your attempts to dig out the root cause of the problem.

If you do need to contact HP Technical Support (later), you will benefit from having tried the suggestions in the troubleshooting guides.  (That is not to say you won't have to repeat or at least verify the results with the HP Technician.)

From the notebook's Troubleshooting Section:

Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)

Other Options:

• Use the Task Manager (and performance monitor) to isolate the program that may be "hogging" (using too much) resource.  Note that the issue may develop over the time the programs are running -- take the time to watch the performance during the time you are attempting to use the internet connection.

Reference:

Green_Line_1.jpg

• Try a different browser -- some browsers use much in the way of resources compared to others.  For example, Firefox is a great browser that provides an array of features and services.  Firefox is also a notorious memory hog.

• Within each browser are settings to optimize performance (or at least to adjust a few of the variables).  See if you can find something that helps "unclog" the way in which your browser is operating.

• If you have not already done so, Update your Adobe Reader DC and Adobe Flash.

Reinstall / Update your PDF Reader (Adobe Reader DC / Foxit)

• Check your Security software for settings that may impede your internet experience.  Some security software is perhaps a bit over enthusiastic.

• Check programs in Startup (via Task Manager) -- if you find a program that does not need to start up as soon as the computer is booted, you might remove that program from starting everytime you boot and log into the computer.  There is no "absolute" advice about this one, you have to know your machine and you have to understand your setup.

• Assign a static IP address to your computer and perhaps other devices on the network.

• If your router provides for 5GHz service, be sure you are connected to 2.4GHz.

• Check on the router logs for issues:  attacks, blocks, anything out of the ordinary.

• The fact that you have to "leave it off for awhile" may indicate that the issue is not in your hardware; rather the issue may be something going on with your Internet Service.  Depending on what you are doing, your ISP may be "throttling" your speed.  This is a deplorable and likely illegal practice -- but it does depend on where on the planet you are located.

That you are experiencing the issue on both wireless and wired connections do perhaps point "outside" of the computer hardware itself.  This is speculation, of course.

Green_Line_1.jpg

Added "after the fact" (Qzab has resolved his issue):

Bullet_Arrow_1.JPGMove the router -- too close is as bad as too far away.  Keep the router no closer than about three feet (1 meter).  The maximum distance depends on the router signal strength, and the computer wireless, too -- the number of antennas and the configuration is important.

Bullet_Arrow_1.JPG  As mentioned in the Troubleshooting document > Make sure your HP Drivers are updated.  Even for a driver that is at the current recommended level, it might be a good idea to reinstall it.  Errors in the instruction code can develop over time (or suddenly).

Reference:

Settings to Improve Wireless Connectivity

Green_Line_1.jpg

When you have completed, tried, acted upon all the fixes you can find, do call HP Technical Support.  As mentioned, it is always possible that your computer is in need of service or other benefit that HP can provide.

HP Contact Information – Sales, Technical Support, other Contacts -  USA / Canada

Contact HP – USA - Assistance

HP Tech support/ Customer Service  – Some English Speaking Countries

Including UK and Europe

From a post by @Sunshyn2005, to contact HP Support :

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter your computer's Product Number OR select Auto Detect
Step 3. Scroll down, find: "Still need help?  Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down, Click HP contact options > Click Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear on screen.

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I just solved it. I configured my router and put closer to the notebook, because even if Windows shows signal is strong but it was working very slow.

I think when I trying wired connection problem was in drivers, after that problem was in router. Thanks.

HP Recommended

@Qzab

Excellent -- sometimes it just takes staring at the problem from a new angle to come up with a workable solution!

Happy Computing!

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.