Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Probook 440 g3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Laptop was stolen in Delhi on 7th December, 2016. I registered an FIR with the police about this and they asked me to get MAC address from the manufactured so that they can track it. Please give me deatails of the MAC address so that I can give this information to police.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

There is no record of this with HP. Your home internet router may still have a record of the Mac address of the wireless or ethernet card, depending on how you connected, in the laptop in the dhcp pool information. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help. Can I get the MAC information even if many laptops of same model were connected to the same wi-fi router (which happened in my case) and how would I know which one is my MAC address?

HP Recommended

If you go into dhcp server history it might list the Mac address by the name of the laptop on the network. Or maybe it lists it by IP address which you also likely do not know. 

HP Recommended

Thanks, But I could not get my MAC address because there were too many laptops connected to the router with same model number. Why did HP did not register my MAC address with them. What could be the possible reasons?

HP Recommended

Don't feel like you are singled out. They don't register anybody's MAC address. HP sells millions of computers and does not want to become a clearinghouse for information about stolen goods. Protecting yourself against theft is your responsibility. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.