Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP PAVILION 15-AC027TX
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hello,

My laptop was bought a few months months, and it came with a windows 8 installation. I found out the wireless network not connecting, and thus got hold of the following drivers from the HP website (and other forums where the same problem got addressed)

1. sp64043
  2. sp66924
  3. sp69929
  4. sp70725
  5. sp71268
  6. sp71288
  7. sp71432

I am disappointed to note none of them working for my laptop; and it has been quite a while. I had one request raised before but that wasn't resolved with a proper soluton.

Hence, consider this as a very urgent and serious issue and help me getting over with the problem ASAP!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Debasree_Chatte

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about needing WiFi drivers and wanted to help.

I'm not surprised that some of those did not work -- as you have mixed in bluetooth drivers with WiFi drivers.

Unfortunately, your series laptop comes with three different WiFi chipsets: Intel, Broadcom, and Realtek -- and you need the drivers for the specific chipset in your specific PC.

Try downloading and installing HWInfo64: http://www.hwinfo.com/download.php

When you run that, it should show you the WiFi chipset present in your PC -- and that will help with finding the right drivers.

Good Luck
========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Debasree_Chatte

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about needing WiFi drivers and wanted to help.

I'm not surprised that some of those did not work -- as you have mixed in bluetooth drivers with WiFi drivers.

Unfortunately, your series laptop comes with three different WiFi chipsets: Intel, Broadcom, and Realtek -- and you need the drivers for the specific chipset in your specific PC.

Try downloading and installing HWInfo64: http://www.hwinfo.com/download.php

When you run that, it should show you the WiFi chipset present in your PC -- and that will help with finding the right drivers.

Good Luck
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you so much. This worked and I had to install a completely unexpected driver. Hp should update their website, should not they?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.