Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

How do I turn on Network Access Protection in Windows 8?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Driley25,

I understand you need to enable the network access protection feature in windows 8.

Steps Below:

1.     On the Windows apps screen type out services.

2.     Over the right click on settings

3.     On the left side click on view local services.

4.     The PC will put you back on the generic desktop and you will see box.

5.     On the right side scroll down, the listings are in alphabetical order so just head to N section and should see it.

Please respond at your earliest convenience. 

Thanks  

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Driley25,

I understand you need to enable the network access protection feature in windows 8.

Steps Below:

1.     On the Windows apps screen type out services.

2.     Over the right click on settings

3.     On the left side click on view local services.

4.     The PC will put you back on the generic desktop and you will see box.

5.     On the right side scroll down, the listings are in alphabetical order so just head to N section and should see it.

Please respond at your earliest convenience. 

Thanks  

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you very much for this information. I found it straight forward and easy to follow and it was very very helpful.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended
Hello,

Thank you very much for this information. I had given up on finding the solution.
HP Recommended

@AmAnda_2128,

Glad I was able to help you.

If you have any further questions don't hesitate to post on the forum.

Have a great day.

HP Recommended

@Driley25,

Glad I was able to help you.

If you have any further questions don't hesitate to post on the forum.

Have a great day.

HP Recommended

Thanks that seems to work lots of services  were  disable or put on manual setting.

HP Recommended

thank you very much the network access protection is now active after i completed your intsructions

HP Recommended
Thank you
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help in finding the settings, it looks like it is automatically set by windows 8.1. Thanks again

ray

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.