Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 17 e020us
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello guys,

I have an issue with internet connection. 

My computer started to upgrate by itself to windows 10 while I did another work at my home. I was waiting till it finished.

When it was done I realized that I dont have internet, not only my wireless but all of them, because I have one wireless free to use 😉

So, I start to google how can I fix this situation. I did all tasks what windows offer, typed commands at command prompt, installed drivers, typed commands for dns, deleted cookies, restarted my computer after I finished the task and still my internet doesnt work...

In browser window, I use chrome and internet explorer, it says: 

"This site can't be reached

youtube.com's server DNS address could not be found.

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG"

As I said I typed commands at command prompt for DNS and deleted cookies and it didnt work.

Please, help me to resolve this situation with my computer and internet.

I'll be very happy)

I have a notebook HP Pavilion 17 e020us, 64gb, windows 10.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

There are W10 drivers for the model wireless card your notebook has.

This is the latest driver available...

This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74501-75000/sp74843.exe

If the wired network adapter isn't working either, see if the W10 ethernet driver works for you...

This package provides the driver for the Realtek Ethernet Controller in the supported notebook/laptop models and operating systems. 

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72934.exe

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

crystalina

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about no Internet connection since the Win10 Upgrade and wanted to help.

Since you did this upgrade recently (I presume, within a few days, at most), you have a several very different options:

1) Troubleshoot the LAN problem and hope that fixes it

2) Install the Win8.1 networking drivers to replace the MS networking drivers, and hope that fixes it,

3) RollBack the PC to Win8.1, where evidently, the LAN was working.

In terms of 1), here are some troubleshooting steps you can try: HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet

In terms of 2), here's the link to the drivers and software page for your PC:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-17-e000-notebook-pc-series/5375409/model...

If this page does not show Win8.1 when you open it, then click Change and select Windows 8.1 using the pulldown.

The drivers you want are the last one under Driver-Network.

In terms of 3), unfortunately, the Win10 GoBack function is know to be unreliable and when it fails, it can leave machines in a corrupted state -- which doesn't always happen, but it does happen often enough to be a problem and you won't get any warning in advance that it is going to trash your PC!

In addition, the Win10 Upgrade is know, in some cases, to corrupt the Recovery partition stored there by the OEM that built the original machine.  This pretty much guarantees that no HP Recovery is going to work.

So, before attempting a Rollback in Win10, I would strongly suggest that you make an image backup of your current setup to an external drive or large USB stick using Macrium Reflect: 

Macrium Reflect (MR) provides a FREE version that can be used to image and restore partitions or entire drives.

What I recommend is the following:
1) Download and install Macrium Reflect (MR)
2) Run MR and choose the option: "Create an image of the partition(s) required to backup and restore Windows" to write a full backup to an external drive or USB stick
3) Use the option to create a boot USB stick or CD

I use this all the time and it typically takes less than 10 minutes to do the image backup and about the same time or less to do a restore.  Plus, MR has the option to Add a Recovery Boot Menu entry.  This allows you then to boot into WinRE, and you can then use that to do a restore -- when you can't boot into Windows!

NOW, you have the means to restore a full working system from the external drive or USB stick in only a few minutes.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
========================================================================
If you feel my suggestions helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks!

If they helped resolve your issue, please click "Accept As Solution" to help others find similar information.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi:

There are W10 drivers for the model wireless card your notebook has.

This is the latest driver available...

This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74501-75000/sp74843.exe

If the wired network adapter isn't working either, see if the W10 ethernet driver works for you...

This package provides the driver for the Realtek Ethernet Controller in the supported notebook/laptop models and operating systems. 

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72934.exe

HP Recommended

I put Thumbs-Up symbol too early cuz I setup drivers the internet start to work and after 1 minute  its gone and again the internet doesnt work.

Im thinking to change the system again to windows 8 and will be very gratefull if you can help me with that, where I can download it

I just got tired of this problem

thank you

HP Recommended

Im still have this problem, the internet was working just 1 minute then gone

What the Macrium Reflect really does?

cuz I want to change the system to windows 8, drivers not helping me with internet.

thank you

HP Recommended

do I need to have usb with a lot of memory?

where can save that a lot of space?

HP Recommended

Hi:

In order to revert to Windows 8.1 you can use the easy go back method if you have upgraded to W10 within the last 30 days.  See this article for how to do that.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/going-back-to-windows-7-or-windows-81

If that method doesn't work or it has been longer than 30 days, you would have to use your set of recovery disks that you may have made when you first got the PC.

If you didn't make a set of recovery disks, then you would have to order a set from HP from the link below.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/mediaorder/HP-Pavilion-17-Notebook-PC-series/5375409/model/5395210/softw...

HP Recommended

thank you it did work

I got back to windows 8

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.