Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Presario CQ58-100SY
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Unfortunately it’s not possible to use a wired network connection on HP Presario CQ58-100SY, because there is only a wireless adapter visible and usable in Windows. I’ve tried to install a driver located on the page for HP Presario CQ58-100SY, but it was not successful (“no adapter found”, /t5/image/serverpage/image-id/124772iB4849EB12770818A/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1).

In the Device Manager, there are 2 devices not working:

ACPI\VEN_HPQ&DEV_6001

ACPI\HPQ6001

*HPQ6001

PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_43A1&SUBSYS_00001022&REV_00

PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_43A1&SUBSYS_00001022

PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_43A1&CC_060400

PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_43A1&CC_0604

Thanks a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Nickoil77,

to solve this problem it is sufficient to flash again the BIOS with the previous version F.27 by using the HP updater for Windows contained inro the sp64675.exe setup.

Enjoy

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

The first is the HP wireless button driver and the second is an AMD driver of some sort.

@Paul_Tikkanen can you help?

HP Recommended

Hi:

The first device needs the wireless button driver as Huffer stated.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71707.exe

The second one decodes to a PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge, and Windows 10 should have installed that device automatically.

The only suggestion I can offer would be to try the W10 AMD chipset drivers, and see if they install that device.

1st driver on the list.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows%2010%20-%2064

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a very similar problem on my CQ58-100SL.

An information that I can add to this thread is that the LAN stopped working after flashing the bios to the F.29 version. With the original bios version F.02, the LAN adapter was working fine and no device was having problems in the device manager.

Also in my laptop now I have the following conflict in device manager:

pci\ven_1022&dev_43a1&subsys_00001022

AMD says through its drivers download site that the only way to get drivers for our APU and Win10 is Win Update.

Is it possible to revert the bios version to previous version  ?

Thanks
HP Recommended

Wow, this seems to be very plausible, because I also updated BIOS to the lastest version before that.

And no, unfortunately other solutions in this thread did not help.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I don't think that it is possible (or probably is not so easy) to rollback the bios update.

Win Update finds a new Catalyst version but in my case its installation fails (I'm trying for the last time in this moment).

So we are in the situation where HP says that it's an Ms/AMD's mistake while these latters will say that this is a BIOS bug.

Therefore I'm thinking to revert to Win7 hoping that its licence it will be still valid and that this issue will not occur also in Win7.

EDIT: I confirm that the installaton of catalyst new version from win update fails. I will check the error code but I think that is a bios bug or maybe something regarding the updates installation order (everytime updates download stops at 54% via wifi card and one of the updates includes wifi drivers).

Let me know if you find a solution.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi @Nickoil77,

to solve this problem it is sufficient to flash again the BIOS with the previous version F.27 by using the HP updater for Windows contained inro the sp64675.exe setup.

Enjoy

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot, damu999, worked like a charm and fixed the issue!

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @nikoil77 !

Bye.

Damiano

HP Recommended

Works fine !

Thank you !!!:smileyvery-happy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.