Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Greeting

I have the same problem. A few days ago my wifi adapter stopped working.  it is connected but I can't turn it on. I tried everything listed on this forum, but nothing helped. I tried to install different drivers and nothing. I tried a lot of things and I do not know what to do. I am currently connected to the internet via cable, but often I need wifi. 

My configuration:

HP Pavilion dv6 - 3020em, Serial number:[Personal Information Removed], Product number: WT632EA#BED, 

Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Description: Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter
Driver version: 10.0.0.263

BIOS version F.29

Thank you

Bye

HP Recommended

Hi mikapmf. It doesn't appear that Windows 8.1 drivers are available on HP's driver page for your notebook. Have you found 8.1 drivers for your Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter?

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

no, I did not 😕 I can not find drivers for Windows 8.1. latest drivers are from 15. August 2013 for Windows 8

HP Recommended

Unfortunately mikapmf, if uninstalling and reinstalling the Windows 8.0 driver are not working you will have to wait until Windows 8.1 drivers are available. The other option would be to recover back to Windows 8.0 until compatible drivers are available.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Yes, so I assumed. I hope it will be soon.

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hi

me again 🙂

I found drivers for Windows 8.1 (These drivers I had previously installed), but nothing has changed.

Can you advise me what to do next?

HP Recommended

Hey guys, I am new here, but it seems I found a solution to the Atheros AR9285 lost connection every 5 - 30 min problem.

I have a  HP Pavilion dv6 6030si Notebook PC running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1 and had it for 2 years now. I have always had an issue with the connection dropped and very slow browsing speed. And after the new driver updates, done automatically by HP Assistant, it was so bad that every 2 min it loses the connection. I had a look at this solution, I drew my own conclusions and started playing with the settings:

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-025393.htm

After going into the Advanced settings for the Atheros AR9285 adapter, I changed a setting:

On the Right of this value: 802.11b Preamble -> You will see a block ->  Value: "Long and Short" I changed mine to "Long only"

Now this is my result:

I dont have full signal strenght anymore "5 white bars" I now have "4 white bars" but my internet connection doesn't get dropped anymore and, after having struggled with a very slow wifi connection for 2 years, all of a sudden my internet is incredibly fast, fast meaning, when opening web pages in my browsers, Firefox and IE 10.

So, my conclution: Play with the advanced settings of the Atheros AR9285 adapter and see what gives you the best results.

I dont have any wifi connection drops anymore and my browser has never opened up web pages as fast as it is opening them now. Pages used to just hang before they eventually open, but now it opens almost instantly. I have a 1Mb dsl line.

Good Luck, I hope I could help you guys by posting this.

HP Recommended

Having issues with the same adapter from Atheros, any help would be appreciated

Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter

Driver Ver: 10.0.0.67

Windows 7 Home Premium

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello skulliton

If you could maybe explain what issues you are having are we can try to help.

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

It seems every couple of minutes or so the wifi adapter seems to lose connection. I have to troubleshoot it, it says it fixes an issue and then disconnects in the next couple minutes. Drivers are completely updated. I'm thinking it may be an issue with the adapter itself.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.