Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-e091ee
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My internet was working fine until I upgraded to Windows 10. Is the new driver for Windows 10 64 bit available yet for the above model Laptop and the Wifi drive?

33 REPLIES 33
HP Recommended

Same with me, I can't see the wireless network yet on a desktop next to me, full strength!  Something weird going on here and my internet is no use!

HP Recommended

Even I had the same problem with Ralink wifi adapter. The temporary fix that i've found for myself is that I disable and again enable the adapter from control panel after every boot/wakeup. This seems to work for me, BUT WE NEED A PROPER FIX SOON!

HP Recommended

Tengo el mismo problema, instalé Windows 10 y el wifi se desconecta solo, tengo desactivarlo y volverlo a activar, espero q lo arreglen pronto, esto desespera.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the same issue, any fix?

I think hp should update the driver for this adapter to work with win 10.

HP Recommended

@Milton_HC

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Forum. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To insure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Forum.

German: HP Kundenforum
Spanish: Foro de usuarios de HP
French: Forum des utilisateurs
Portuguese: Fórum dos usuários HP
Chinese: 惠普个人客户支持论坛
Korean: HP 지식커뮤니티

Thank you for your understanding.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I had the same problem with my ralink rt3290 in my laptop when win 10 was installed. then i tried this yesterday and it worked..

1.uninstall any previous installed ralink driver from windows uninstall programs and from device manager under      network

2.then download this driver http://www.mediatek.com/en/downloads1/downloads/pcimpcicbrt2860rt2760rt2890/

go to above page fill the required information(its the mediatek/ralink official site) and download the driver..

3.then install the downloaded driver.

4.then restart.

5.then uninstall the previously installed ralink driver from windows uninstall programs only not from device manager.

6.then restart..

thats what solved my problem...

HP Recommended

just uninstall family cotroller and lets go

HP Recommended

Hi! You really managed to resolve your problem?

I'm asking this because I've been quite hopeful for a couple of times (or more) just like you were here, with everything working as expected, high speed, no failure, blah, blah... and then, the following day, at some moment in time, everything failed down again and returned to the low speed, up-and-down sort of thing... 😞

HP Recommended

I almost followed Phantom456 steps (see 08-16-2015 09:18 PM) .

I switched steps 1 and 2. I downloaded the update before uninstalling the driver from programs and device manager.  I could not understand how I was to get the driver if I had no internet connection.

To install the drivers run setup.exe in Disk1 folder of the zip file.

In task manager > performance > wifi now seeing recieve rates of 192kbps.

A much happier PC and user

Thank you Pantom456

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.