Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 14
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi! I installed (as if I have a choice) the anniversary update of Windows and now my wifi isn't working! It connects for a minute and then loses its connection, but still shows "connected." It also shows "limited" connection even if my wifi connection is stable in all my devices. It doesn't recognize wifi spots easily - I still need to turn the wifi on and off again just so it can recognize my connection. And it doesn't connect easily, it keeps on saying "can't connect to this network" and it takes a lot of trial and errors just for it to connect.

Before the anniversary update, my laptop already has a hard time connecting to wifi spots that are not tagged as "home" (as compared to other laptops). But now that I've updated, it got worse. 

I already tried possible solutions.

1. Changed the IP address of my router (didn't work because it can't even connect with other wifi spots)

2. Installed the Mediatek Ralink RT3290 W10 compatible driver, uninstalled and reinstalled again (still didn't work)

3. Installed the Realtek driver available at the HP site (still didn't work)

4. Can't roll back to my previous version because Windows removed my restore points!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey there! @keileesi, Welcome to HP forums!

I understand you have wireless issues after Windows anniversary update with your laptop.

Please update the wireless drivers from the link below.

Link: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71571 .exe

Also please refer the document to perform wireless troubleshooting.

Link: http://hp.care/2ci3ygv

Please keep me updated.

Have a great day!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.