Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Laptop
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello,

I have an HP 15t-dw200 laptop with Intel Core i5 1035G1 and 16GB RAM, running Windows 11.  It has an Intel Wireless-AC 9461 WiFi card and I would like to upgrade my WiFi card to WiFi AXe (6E) or BE (7).

I was looking at either the

Intel WiFi 6E AX210 Wi-Fi 6E 2x2 AX + Bluetooth 5.3 M.2 2230

or the

Intel Wi-Fi 7 BE200 Wi-Fi 7 2x2 BE + Bluetooth 5.4 M.2 2230

Will one of these cards work with this laptop.  If not what other options do I have to upgrade?

I know that the AC 9461 has one antenna so I will have to add another one to the new card.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Someone tried the AX210 in a 15t-dw100 notebook and it didn't work.

I would play it safe and get this Wi-Fi adapter, which should work:

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro   HP part # L35282-005.

You will not have Bluetooth unless you install a second antenna wire and connect it to the Wi-Fi card's Auxiliary terminal that is primarily used for Bluetooth reception.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Someone tried the AX210 in a 15t-dw100 notebook and it didn't work.

I would play it safe and get this Wi-Fi adapter, which should work:

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro   HP part # L35282-005.

You will not have Bluetooth unless you install a second antenna wire and connect it to the Wi-Fi card's Auxiliary terminal that is primarily used for Bluetooth reception.

HP Recommended

Sorry to bother you again, but in this post you suggested the Intel AX210 Wi-Fi 6E 2x2 AX + Bluetooth 5.2 M.2 2230 non-vPro   HP part # M27269-005, for the HP 15t-dw200.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-I-upgrade-my-wifi-card/td-p/89732...

I would like to have access to the 6GHz band, which the AX200 doesn't have, that's why I was looking at this Wi-Fi card. 

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Yes, but he never posted back and indicated he bought one and it worked.

Maybe it will work.

I was wrong about it not working in a 15-dw100.

It was the 15-dy100 where it didn't work.

Replacement for RTL8822CE for use in Linux? - HP Support Community - 9017244

If you want to try the AX210 with the part number I posted, please let us know if it worked or not.

HP Recommended

Ok. Since there is a chance that it will work I might try it. If it does work I will let you know. 

Thanks for your time. I appreciate your help.

Best regards

Marc Cini

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Marc.

Yes, please do.

That will help others that have the same model series and want to upgrade the Wi-Fi adapter.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.