Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion g6-2210sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to upgrade my wifi card on my Pavilion g6-2210sa notebook, as it is limited to 50mbs on wifi.

I googled several sites and found that a possible upgrade card might be the Intel Dual band wireless 7260- Ac-HMC card however when i installed it it enables but will not find any network or actually do anythig  despite installing the Ac adapter drivers.

I have looked at page 24-25 of the manual but all the wifi cards are only single band 2.4ghz options.

I don't really want to buy a new laptop. 

I have read that the bios might be blocking the INtel card ? 

I need some help and ideally a part number i can order to allow upto 200mbs speeds via wifi.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Unfortunately your machine was built long time before mid 2014 therefore the chance to upgrade the wifi card is none. Your machine supports the following cards (depending on where do you live too):

Support for the following WLAN formats:
● Intel Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 802.11b/g/n 2×2 WiFi and Bluetooth Combination Adapter
● Atheros HB125 802.11b/g/n 1×1 WiFi Adapter (select models only)
● Ralink RT3290LE 802.11b/g/n 1×1 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 combination adapter (select models only)
● Ralink RT5390R 802.11 b/g/n 1×1 WiFi (select models only)

Option: please try a similar to the following adapters:

http://www.techhive.com/article/2090556/hardware/tested-we-push-six-802-11ac-wi-fi-usb-adapters-to-t...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Unfortunately your machine was built long time before mid 2014 therefore the chance to upgrade the wifi card is none. Your machine supports the following cards (depending on where do you live too):

Support for the following WLAN formats:
● Intel Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 802.11b/g/n 2×2 WiFi and Bluetooth Combination Adapter
● Atheros HB125 802.11b/g/n 1×1 WiFi Adapter (select models only)
● Ralink RT3290LE 802.11b/g/n 1×1 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 combination adapter (select models only)
● Ralink RT5390R 802.11 b/g/n 1×1 WiFi (select models only)

Option: please try a similar to the following adapters:

http://www.techhive.com/article/2090556/hardware/tested-we-push-six-802-11ac-wi-fi-usb-adapters-to-t...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.