Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Split 13-m210dx x2 PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I am unsure if this is a driver that needs to be reinstalled or updated or something else entirely.

My work website is not loading using this device, however it loads and works fine on all other devices which makes me think its this device. A pop up comes up on the screen after logging in saying- Illegal request with a red circle with a cross through it and an option to go back. When you select go back, it takes you to the home page you were trying to load, with more 4-5, of the pop ups like the first one on the home page. When you try to selet anything on that page you get that pop up, and if you try to sign out you get the pop up.

Is this a graphic driver, or something in Google Chrome on this device that needs to be updated?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Okay I have found the solution!!!!! YAY!!!! Here's the step I took to achieve this-

- Control Panel

-Network and Internet

-Internet Options

-Advanced

-Under Settings- scroll down to Security

-Uncheck- Warn about certificate address mismatch*

-Apply settings and restart your computer

The website works for me now and no more Illegail Request warning/code message. 

Thank you for the help, and I hope this will come in handy for someone else. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@CEKF16

Did you try using IE???

REO

HP Recommended

Yeah, I just tried it again. It's the same for IE as well. 

HP Recommended

@CEKF16

Try going to Control Panel, Internet Options then Security.

If Protect Mode is Enabled, disable it.

Then click on Reset all zones to default level.

REO

HP Recommended
Unfortunately that didn't help either. It's still showing the "illegal request" message.
I've went through and made sure google chrome and internet explorer and both updated. I've contacted my company about the issue, although I'm not sure there is anything they can do since the website and login work fine on other devices.
HP Recommended
I have looked up some similar problems on google and have come up with a couple different options. I will try through them and see if I get anywhere and let you know if any works.

It seems this code/warning message has been a problem to people in the past.
HP Recommended

Okay I have found the solution!!!!! YAY!!!! Here's the step I took to achieve this-

- Control Panel

-Network and Internet

-Internet Options

-Advanced

-Under Settings- scroll down to Security

-Uncheck- Warn about certificate address mismatch*

-Apply settings and restart your computer

The website works for me now and no more Illegail Request warning/code message. 

Thank you for the help, and I hope this will come in handy for someone else. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.