Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ZBook 14 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I use Intel 7265 NGW AN. I would like to replace old wireless adapter to gigabit adapter. I head whitelist and blacklist from internet so I'm not sure which model I can replace to without problem.

What model can I replace?
Can I buy from any brand right?

102495.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There is no whitelist issue. Your laptop is much newer than anything with a whitelist. The 7265NGW you have in there ain't chopped liver. Dual band (2.4 and 5 ghz) and 802.11ac compatible. 

You can install any wireless card of the same M.2 form factor with 2 antennae. 

You might try the Intel 8000 series, but seriously there is not a lot room for improvement the card you have would be considered a top of the line device:

https://www.amazon.com/Intel-Wireless-AC-8265-NGWMG-BlueTooth-Brown/dp/B01MZA1AB2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8...

I don't follow this all that closely but I have not yet seen availablity of a gigabit wireless card of that form  factor. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

There is no whitelist issue. Your laptop is much newer than anything with a whitelist. The 7265NGW you have in there ain't chopped liver. Dual band (2.4 and 5 ghz) and 802.11ac compatible. 

You can install any wireless card of the same M.2 form factor with 2 antennae. 

You might try the Intel 8000 series, but seriously there is not a lot room for improvement the card you have would be considered a top of the line device:

https://www.amazon.com/Intel-Wireless-AC-8265-NGWMG-BlueTooth-Brown/dp/B01MZA1AB2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8...

I don't follow this all that closely but I have not yet seen availablity of a gigabit wireless card of that form  factor. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

According to your advice, I ordered "Intel Wifi Wireless-AC 8265 8265.NGWMG Dual Band 2x2 AC ". It can use without problem.

Thank you very much.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.