Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Product Name: HP 15 AC116 TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Product Name: HP 15 AC116 TX
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have already reset my laptop many time times but my wi-fi shows limited

and i tried it at many wi-fi connections...

when i troubleshoot then it says Doesnt have vailid IP Address

pleaase help..................

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the answer.

You wirte that you have reset the computer? Do you meen via Microsoft reset or HP recovery manager reset?

Have you tried to reset the wifi card by device manager?

Do you have a secund computer so we can try again download newst BIOS and driver for your wifi card?

Thanks.

Zincas
I am an HP notebook/printer technician.
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hallo MandeepINDIA,

Thanks for joing the forum. I will try my best to see if I can solve your problem.

First could you inform me what wifi card you have in this computer? Thats possible to find if you right click on the windows icon in the lower left cornor and press on device manager. After that dubble click on networks adapters. There you should be able to find a card with either 802.11 or Wifi adapater in it name. I would like to know that name. Plus I would like to know what BIOS version you have on the computer That version is posslble to find if you are on the desktop and press+hold down the buttom FN and press 1 time on ESC buttom. 

Thanks 

I will wait for your answer.

Zincas
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Reaktek RTL8723BE 802.11

BIOS virsion is F.11

HP Recommended

Thanks for the answer.

You wirte that you have reset the computer? Do you meen via Microsoft reset or HP recovery manager reset?

Have you tried to reset the wifi card by device manager?

Do you have a secund computer so we can try again download newst BIOS and driver for your wifi card?

Thanks.

Zincas
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

i  have done both the activity

reset the driver and recovery also

HP Recommended

By any chance are you using a third-party Anti Virus application that is controlling your Firewall settings?

If so, try temporarily disabling this function in the software.  I ran into a similar problem with Avast AV.

See if the connection becomes good again.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

Hi WyreNut

I tried everything and I am going through several posts hoping to receive some kind of a response because I'm not having any luck with any troubleshooting.  When using the Windows trouble shooting, no issues come up.  Please help before I throw this laptop out the window.

HP Recommended

What computer do u have?

Zincas
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.