Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion g6-1c39ca
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Medel: HP Pavilion g6-1c39ca

Hi.

A fea days ago, I did format my hard driver.

Before formatting, there was no any trouble with internet function. (Bote Wifi and wire internet were working, well)

After formetting, I installed Windows 7 and downloaded all of support drivers from HP site.

Except LAN drivers and Bluetooth, others drivers were instralled, succeefully.

Especially, when I was installing Atheros Driver Installation program, I saw a pop-up message and it meant "802.11a/b/g/n Wireless Adapter Device Not Found. The device may not be present or could have been eject/unplugged from the system"

I can't make a sense because I used wifi service a few hours ago before formatting my laptop and got a message that wifi device have been ejected/unplugged. I didn't open cover and keyboard and didn't touch anything, physically.

CAn you show me a solution from this trouble?. or Do I have to go to Bestbuy to solve this trouble?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the parts list at the link below, your notebook comes with a Realtek 8188GN PCIe Half MiniCard (HMC) WiFi adapter - 802.11b/g/n 1x1 wireless card, which is why the Atheros wireless card driver isn't working.

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=A3J85UA

You need this driver for the Realtek 8188GN WLAN card...

This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8188CE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models and operating systems.

File name: sp53753.exe

If you don't see any devices in the device manager needing drivers (if the wireless card needs a driver, it will show up as a Network Controller in the device manager), you may have to install this software, reboot the PC and use this software to turn the wireless card back on.

This package provides the HP Connection Manager for the supported notebook running a supported operating system.

File name: sp53394.exe

If neither of the above gets the wireless to work again, most likely the wireless card has died on you, and needs to be replaced.

Also, according to the product specs page below, your notebook does not come with built in bluetooth networking.

If it did, that feature would have been listed along with the 802.11b/g/n WLAN wireless connectivity specification.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-g6-1c00-Notebook-PC-series/5145708/model/5173136/doc...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the parts list at the link below, your notebook comes with a Realtek 8188GN PCIe Half MiniCard (HMC) WiFi adapter - 802.11b/g/n 1x1 wireless card, which is why the Atheros wireless card driver isn't working.

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=A3J85UA

You need this driver for the Realtek 8188GN WLAN card...

This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8188CE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models and operating systems.

File name: sp53753.exe

If you don't see any devices in the device manager needing drivers (if the wireless card needs a driver, it will show up as a Network Controller in the device manager), you may have to install this software, reboot the PC and use this software to turn the wireless card back on.

This package provides the HP Connection Manager for the supported notebook running a supported operating system.

File name: sp53394.exe

If neither of the above gets the wireless to work again, most likely the wireless card has died on you, and needs to be replaced.

Also, according to the product specs page below, your notebook does not come with built in bluetooth networking.

If it did, that feature would have been listed along with the 802.11b/g/n WLAN wireless connectivity specification.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-g6-1c00-Notebook-PC-series/5145708/model/5173136/doc...

HP Recommended

Thnak yor for your kindness. I have fixed my laptop and currently wireless is working very well. Thank you, again.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.