Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi, 

Thank you for your reply, I have updated UEFI and run wireless component test. Result came okay "passed". 

Let me know what is the next step.

Ketan

HP Recommended

I forgot to mention that i was not able to install new UEFI on my hard disc as it kept on giving error that partition can not be created, So i updated UEFI through USB and check Component test. 

Thanks,

Ketan

HP Recommended

Hello, @KetanHPm4

Thanks for the reply & appreciate your efforts 🙂

Glad to know that the wireless module is working fine. Now, let's try the steps below:

Click the Start button and type “windows mobility center” (without the quotes) in the Search box. As you type, results display. When you see “Windows mobility center” click on it or press Enter, if it is highlighted.

Try to Turn on the Wireless from here. Check the fig. below:

Also, make sure you are not connecting the Ethernet cable on your printer.

That should do the trick. Let me know!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I tried through windows mobility center, to check wireless connectivity, unfortunately it is "greyed out" can not turn it from there 😞 

HP Recommended

Hello, @KetanHPm4

Thanks for the reply!

I would suggest you create a new user account and check the functionality. If that also fails, the last step is to perform a complete system recovery. Here are the steps:

1. Create a new user account

Try creating a new user account on your computer. Once done, check the wireless functionality in the new account.

Go to http://hp.care/2fDYaRt and follow the steps under "Creating a new account in Windows 7"

2. System Recovery

System recovery is the last step to troubleshoot this issue. This option reformats the system drive (usually C:), reinstalls the original operating system and reinstalls all the original hardware drivers and software. All you save files will be lost and your computer will be formatted to the day you purchased the machine.

You can check the details here: http://hp.care/2bNw5Hd

Let me know how that goes!

Have a great day 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank you for those last two option, I tried creating new user account but unfortunately the problem remain same.

2nd option was to system recovery, actually, i wanted to let you know that my laptop was pre-installed with windows 8 and few weeks ago, my system was crashed and recovery partition was also gone, I was not able to reinstall windows 8 through recovery partition or recovery media which I had created. 

I changed my OS and now using windows 7 professional, as i was not at all installed windows 8. 

So 2nd option suggested by you is not going to help me, as I don't have system recovery partition with windows 7 or 8. If there is another possible option to work out let me know.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi @KetanHPm4, I am the @Chimney_83. It looks like you were interacting with @Dvortex, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Recommend you to run HP Support Assistant to make sure all the drivers updated on your notebook and to diagnose and fix issues with your notebook. 

Open device manager and check if there are any errors on the wireless network adapter. Please share a screenshot if possible. 

Right-click on the wireless network adapter and check if it is enabled or not. If it is disabled please enable it and try. 

Alternately, do a right-click on the network icon on the taskbar, open network and sharing center. 

In the network and sharing center window. Click on change adapter settings. 

Right-click on Wireless/wi-fi and check if it is enabled or not. 

If it is not enabled, please enable it and right-click on it again to connect to any wireless network. 

If you do not have the recovery kit for your computer. Please contact our phone support for the shipment options available. 

Based on the specifications of your computer, the computer came with Windows 8 and you have downgraded the OS to Windows 7. If the issue persists, to isolate the issue to be a hardware or software issue, recovery would be needed. For which the original OS is required to be installed on your computer. 

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Disclaimer: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance. You can change the configuration at your own risk.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply, i have tried all of those option but still it is not working and through phone support as the warrenty is over, none of your executives are willing to support. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and trying all the suggested steps. Recommend you to reseat the wireless card and check. Refer to page number 33 in the manual for assistance. Click here for the manual

If the issue persists, please install the original OS that was installed on the computer. If you do not have recovery kit. Please contact our phone support for the shipment options. 

Keep me posted. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.