Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pavilion dv6 notebook
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a soft paq update to be installed and usually it is just a click. BUT this one says users must remove the old package before install.    The soft paq number is SP58641 INTEL WIRELESS DRIVERS , INTEL PROSET, AND MY WIFI FOR MICROSOFT  WINDOWS 7...

My question what exactly is the old package to  uninstall? Will the soft paq itself do the uninstall whatever it is doing its thing OR do i need to do that manually before install.   a bit confused   Can someone help who has gone through this problem.  I do not know what is in the old package to uninstall and where to find it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @green1322 – Greetings!

Thank you for joining HP Support Forums. I’d like to be of your assistance 🙂

I understand you are trying to update the old wireless drivers and is concerned about the old driver package and uninstalling the same.

You do not need to uninstall the old drivers. You can simply install the new driver package and it will override / overwrite the old drivers. You can download and install the driver from here: http://hp.care/2f50XWC

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello, @green1322 – Greetings!

Thank you for joining HP Support Forums. I’d like to be of your assistance 🙂

I understand you are trying to update the old wireless drivers and is concerned about the old driver package and uninstalling the same.

You do not need to uninstall the old drivers. You can simply install the new driver package and it will override / overwrite the old drivers. You can download and install the driver from here: http://hp.care/2f50XWC

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.