Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Office jet pro 6230
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a new officejet pro 6230 and the lights indicate a print head problem.  I have changed the cartridges, powered it on and off and still get the blinking lights.  I looked up authorized service centers and there are none within 1000 miles of Cleveland OH. (go figure).  I purchased the printer from Amazon and hoping not to have to return it.  Does anyone have any suggestions as where to get it serviced since it is under warranty or how to resolve the blinking light issues?  Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I had a similar problem with an HP 8500 -- and I followed the suggestion to replace BOTH printheads (at a cost of $130 USD)!  Not surprisingly, after that, the HP STILL had the same problem.  I did some searches about printhead problems on this site and discovered that in ALL cases (that I found) the ONLY way the problem was fixed was by totally replacing the printer.  Unfortunately, mine was out of warranty.

But, since yours is still under warranty, my suggestion is to contact HP Customer Support -- they will be able to tell you what they can do for you under the warranty:  Contact HP Customer Support | HP® Customer Support

If you feel my suggestions helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol; if they helped solve your problem, please click "Accept As Solution".

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I had a similar problem with an HP 8500 -- and I followed the suggestion to replace BOTH printheads (at a cost of $130 USD)!  Not surprisingly, after that, the HP STILL had the same problem.  I did some searches about printhead problems on this site and discovered that in ALL cases (that I found) the ONLY way the problem was fixed was by totally replacing the printer.  Unfortunately, mine was out of warranty.

But, since yours is still under warranty, my suggestion is to contact HP Customer Support -- they will be able to tell you what they can do for you under the warranty:  Contact HP Customer Support | HP® Customer Support

If you feel my suggestions helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol; if they helped solve your problem, please click "Accept As Solution".

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.

HP Recommended
I did just that and they are sending me a refurbished unit. I will then send mine back and I assume it will wind up being someone else's in the not so distant future. The support at HP was actually very good and the individual I echatted with was very helpful. Thanks for your help!
HP Recommended

Glad to see that they are replacing it -- and that you didn't have to waste a lot of money on new printheads.

HP Recommended

Sorry to hear about the print head problem on the 6230. I have ten of these printers and five have failed for the exact same reason.

There is absolutely nothing you can do in the field to correct this. All the plugging and unplugging does nothing for this problem. The onyl thing is to contact HP Support and request a replacement, hopefully still under warranty for you.

I just today had three replaced under warranty although they are over two years old.

This problem is apparently an HP quality issue so they replaced mine.

Previously we were told to be sure to use general purpose or ink jet paper only in these printers not laser paper as it is too moist. Maybe that's why they lasted this long.

Good luck with yours.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.