Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
elitebook 850 g3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Guys,

Can you please help me in fixing sim card slot.

I inserted the micro sim, but i couldn't find how to access, there is no notification.

Share if i need to install any special drivers, i tried installing HP Mobile connect but no luck, i would like to access internet with the help of sim, also i would like to know will the sim slot support 4g sim.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

All elitebooks have a SIM card slot. 

What most of them do not have, is the optional mobile broadband wireless card (WWAN) that is also needed along with the SIM card to connect.

Without the WWAN card a SIM card won't work.

A WWAN adapter model would be listed along with the wireless and ethernet adapters in the device manager.

If you don't see one listed, then your notebook does not have one.

HP Recommended

I have a 840 G3. Device Manager does not show the WWAN but the box the computer came in shows:

L3D13AV   1 no. WWAN 840.

This would seem to me to indicate the device should be there. No?

HP Recommended

Hi

Based on Paul's excellent answer, I would try some command line.....

getmac

netsh wlan show drivers
netsh wlan show interfaces

Getmac All.pngRun as an administrator.

And Device manager with SHOW Hidden Devices enabled.

Hidden Devices.png

HP Recommended

Hi, @GMcGhie1

I see it differently...

This product data sheet indicates NO WWAN, as in not included...

https://icecat.us/us/p/hp/l3d13av/not-categorized-NO+WWAN+840-30626032.html

And you can confirm that there is no WWAN device present by running the command line that CF4 posted.

That will guarantee results if the device is not disabled in the BIOS.

Check the BIOS.  There should be a device configuration setting, and on those high end business notebooks, there is a setting to enable/disable just about everything--including WWAN.

Under the WWAN setting it will probably indicate Not Present, Enabled, or Disabled.

In some BIOS' if a device is not present, then there is no setting at all.

Since I don't have that model notebook (I have an older Elitebook), I don't know exactly what you will find in there.

But I am 99.9% sure your notebook doesn't have a WWAN card.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.