Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP-630
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am not able to connect wifi as i am in a wifi zone, still in my network list  that wifi name is not visibale ,my notbook wifi is on  that i connect. even i updte my windows still same problem exist. please assist!1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ah, so it was the wifi button after all. Good to know it works.

If this was helpful, please mark it solved.

Cheers.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hello @krish24ster

To clarify...

Is it only your network the laptop cannot see or is the laptop not able to see any network? For example, your neighbors wifi network?

If you are using both a modem and a router or an all in one router, unplug the power cord to both and turn off your computer. Leave everything off for 5 minutes.

Now plug the power into the Modem and wait for it to be fully lit up (full on).

After that, plug the power into the Modem and do the same thing.

Once both are fully on, turn on the computer. Give a minute to find the network and test it.

If you have an All in One modem/router, do the same thing for that. Unplug the power cord, wait 5 minutes.

Plug it back in and power on. Wait till its fully turned on and then turn on the computer.

Did this help any? Let me know.

HP Recommended

No,actually my laptop can not abale to read/see any of wireless network, neither my router or my neighbors wifi not even my mobile hotspot.   all those wireless network is visible in my other hp laptop as expected.  

i have tried to reinstall the 'Atheros 2011 Wireless LAN Driver' ,  'Ralink 802.11 b/g/n WiFi Adapter' and 'Realtek RTL8188CE 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN Driver for Microsoft Windows'  but its not installd properly(tried multiple times). i have updated my windows as wel.

In device manager under network adapters  i cant even see any Atheros wifi adapter listed. 

Please assist 

HP Recommended

In the Device Manager, is there a listing for Unknown device? If there is, there should be a network device with a yellow caution sign next to it. Right click and uninstall it, check the box to remove the driver if it gives you the option. Then you can reinstall the driver.

Are you sure its the Atheros card?

If not, you can remove the memory module door on the bottom of the case and access the wifi card very easy.

I would do that and also (remove the battery first) disconnect the wifi card and reseat it, just to make sure its properly connecting.

HP Recommended

actually the fact is previously in device manager a Atheros driver is listed. but as its not working properly ,and i am unable to install 'Atheros 2011 Wireless LAN Drive' , i unistall that and try to install the driver again. nut unfortunatly i didnt succeed. 

Now in device manager 'Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter' and 'Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controler' are listed , non of them have any yellow caution sign, but under Other Device 'PCI Device' is listed which have yellow caution sign.

Now what should i uninstall and what should install? Kindly assist 

HP Recommended

If it is the Atheros card installed, then only install the Atheros driver. Do not install the other wifi drivers. :Wink:

Download this Atheros driver...  sp53261.exe  to install later.

You can uninstall any yellow caution signs in the device manager without worry.

Reboot the computer.

Install the new wifi driver.

Does it work?

HP Recommended

Also there should be a Product Number listed on the bottom or inside the battery compartment.

What is it?

HP Recommended

follwed your steps and install Atheros driver properly. but still available wireless network list not visible. when i cheked my network connection there is a wireless network connecion icon, when i diagnose that connecion its says my wifi capability is turned off. but i can see in my keybord the wifi sign led is on. i have tryed sevaral times  pressing it again and again. still its says wifi capability is turned off.

product no:- A9EO1PA#ACJ

wifi trbl.png

HP Recommended

OK good, it sounds like you are closer to having it work.

You are not able to right click on the Wireless Network Connection in the Network window and enable it?

Lets see if you have the Windows Mobility Center installed. If so, it may be stopping the wifi from turning on.

If you cannot see the Wireless icon in the tool tray, try this...

1. Select Start>Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Windows Mobility Center.
  2. Click the wireless icon in the Wireless Assistant tile, which is located in the bottom row of Windows® Mobility Center.
  3. Click Properties.
  4. Select the check box next to HP Wireless Assistant icon in notification area.
  5. Click Apply.
  6. Click Close.

If that is not available, look to see if you have the HP Wireless Assintant installed.

Go to Start>All Programs>HP Connection Manager>HP Connection Manager

and run it.

Does the wifi icon show in the tool tray now?

HP Recommended

Also you will want to do this anyway...

Go back into the Device Manager and right click on the Atheros wifi card. Choose Properties.

Select the Power Management tab.

Make sure the box for Allow the computer to turn this device off to save power is Unchecked.

power save.JPG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.