Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv7-6002
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have upgraded to Windows 10 on my HP Pavilion DV7-6002, however I am experincing problems with my built in Radeon HD6470M  Switchable graphics card. When installing the latest HP AMD Catalyst Control Centre with drivers it is detecting the card as a 7400M and 4200M, but showing code 43 in device manager and the control centre is saying there are no drivers installed. Also its giving a opengl error if I try to run a game.
Any ideas on this one?

Many Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @louishowe,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel.

I read your post about the Windows 10 update, and wanted to assist you!

You can try running the HP Support Assistant, to see if you can find the necessary drivers to resolve the issue.  If you are still having trouble, then I recommend using the Go back to an earlier build option, in your System Settings:

HP Notebook PCs - Upgrading to Windows 10

Once you are back to your original Operating System, check to see if you are experiencing the same issue. If not, then you may consider holding off on the Windows 10 update for a few weeks, until drivers can be updated.

Please let me know if this information was helpful by clicking the thumbs up below.

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

hello,

i have the same issue with my pavillion g6 with an ATI radeon HD 6470M, i upgraded to windows 10 and i have it displayed ATI Radeon HD 7400M series.

i borrowed a freinds laptop today to work with it's an ASUS with a ATI Radeon HD 6370M, he also upgraded to windows 10 and i was surprised to see that it was working fine.

i hope we get a fix for this issue soon.

HP Recommended

Hello 

At the beginning sorry for my English. 

I had the same problem with my dv6-6110sw, and dv7-6b40ew.

I have solved the problem.

Firs I had instal clear windows 10 from http://winclub.pl/topic/6999-windows-10-x86-x64-marzec-2016-winclub-pl/. It is PL version but a I think it could be English version from MSDN to.

After instal don't connect to the internet, because windows update automatically installs bad drivers.

I had installed drivers  "Catalyst 15.11 Beta UnifL v1.0"   -  07 Nov, 2015 from this side http://leshcatlabs.net/downloads_unfil/

Everything works well. I can switch GPU between Intel HD3000 and AMD Radeon 6470m, standby works well.  

Laptop quickly turns on ( max 30sek ). With drivers from windows update laptop had turnd on 2 minutes. 

Good luck 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.