Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Then propably your connector is loose.

check out the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOpS6GD0hZo&feature=g-upl

worked for a lot of people on the forum

good luck

HP Recommended

i have the same problem

HP Recommended

I'm a design Engineer and tech support agent for an electronics company. I have "spudgers" to assist in openning electronic device bezels without marring them like butter knives tend to do.

Sure enough the mini connector was backed out a bit, so I pushed my cable back in with the credit card. It works for a while. But the problem kept recurring. I believe the the cable has too much tension (design flaw). Openning and closing the screen is causing the cable to back out and not make connection any more. After using my credit card 3 times I figured I'd let HP fix it.

I sent my laptop to HP under warranty. THEY WIPED MY HARD DRIVE BACK TO FACTORY STATE FOR A HARDWARE ISSUE!

They said :Webcam cable bad and OS corrupt.

BULL FECES!

No. The OS was not corrupt. The issue was strictly hardware. There was no reason to restore to factory state.

I recommend cloning your drive before you send it to HP. You need a system image if you have any mission critical files you cannot lose. Do not for one second think they will not restore your drive to a factory state.

Wiping your drive is their method on insuring they can fix your problem with minimal know how in their repair department. Trained monkeys.

My next laptop? Won't be HP!

HP Recommended

Bastiaan - you are a boss. Now I can skype my babies thanks to your super helpful post! HP take note!!

HP Recommended

Actually Boss with one S on the end is my last name so you were zo close 😛 enjoy. {Content Removed: Language Filter Evasion}

HP Recommended

same problem with my DV7t 6c00 Quad

TrueVision IDs

USB\VID_064E&PID_D281&REV_0110&MI_00
USB\VID_064E&PID_D281&MI_00

HP Recommended

have dv6-6100se and same issue

working for 6 months and now BOM!

no imaging device in device manager

no update looks usefull

mic working properly so its not a connector issue

ITS HARDWARE ISSUE THAT HP PUT A **bleep** BAD POOR OLD QUALITY WEBCAM IN 2012 BRAND NEW LAPTOP AND WHY ON EARTH THAT HP USE ACER WEBCAMS IN THESE LAPTOPS!!!

am so disappointed and make promise to God not to buy HP again

shame on you HP

it has to be better customer care and better hardware quality

HP Recommended

solution = watch YouTube video (see above link, there are two).

A connector comes loose.... it is easily fixed BUT I found out I needed to use a tiny(!) drop of hot glue to hold the connector in place. 

HP Recommended

thank you so much for the aid..followed the instructions on how to adjust the cable and it finally showed..Dv7-6c90us..

HP Recommended

THIS WORKED!!!  I've tried everything 10x over and nothing worked.  I finally found this and it worked perfectly.  Took less than a minute.  THANK YOU!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOpS6GD0hZo&feature=g-upl

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.