Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

my wireless optical mobile mouse stopped responding for the button clicks.since then I have replaced the battery reinstalled the software, still the mouse stopped responding. I have even swapped computers to see this solves the problem. I would like to have som help please.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem and I actually managed to fix it. I did everything that it tells you to such as change the battery, reinstall the software and drivers, clean it with a cotton swab, etc. However what I needed to do was as the rest say. Go into your HP Mouse Suit and under the Configure section in Mouse there is a button called dongle pairing. Click this and do as it says. In case you don't care much for what it says what you must do is turn off your mouse. Plug the dongle into a usb port. While holding the top button (the button with the page and bent corner icon on it, at least for me that is), turn the mouse back on and wait 3 seconds. This should have connected your mouse back to the computer. Try a few button clicks to see if it worked. 🙂

HP Recommended

thanks all uaser this prfect solution

HP Recommended

Had the same problem.

Thing is, the mouse SEEMED to be working as the red laser light was shining underneath. So it couldn't possibly be the battery. The computer DID react when inserting the USB dongle. Only thing missing was the cursor moving on the screen.

Read through this page while I tried to press the top button on the dongle together with the connect-button on the mouse, or taking out the battery from the mouse while pressing the top button, or pressing the connect button for three seconds and then the top button on the dongle...

What I did to make it work again was the LAST COMBINATION POSSIBLE of these different things, which I learned in this thread:

- Take out the usb dongle from the USB port.

- Put it back in again.

- Press the top button on the dongle for about three seconds, and hold it while

- Pressing the connect button located underneath the mouse.

- Release both.

Really important that this order is followed. Taking out or changing the battery is not necessary.

And ta-daa.

I even downloaded the hp mouse suite thing during the time I tried to make it work, and it started working BEFORE  started the installation.

HP Recommended

Hi,

The solution you provided helps for a while, but after a little while the cursor just stops moving again and the blue light starts flickering. All other functions keep working though. This can be after 5 minutes, but also after 30.

I did not have this problem when I first started using this mouse about a week ago. The only thing that I can think of is that all through last week I bever rebooted my PC. Could it be that keeping the USB dongle inserted during startup is causing the problem?

I will do another test on that but in the mwantime, does anyone else have any other ideas?

Kind regsards,

Caty

HP Recommended

Re: HP 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Mobile Mouse stopped working.

HP Recommended

@jorovakarelski worked perfectly.  thanks!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.