Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP G62 Notebook

Hi,

since i update my PC to Windows 10 from Windows 7, my video card doesn't work correctly.

If i plug in the VGA connector, the second screen work correctly, but if I plug in the HDMI connector the second screen doesn't detect any device connected.

I looked for an update of the video card, but i found nothing.

How can I do now?

This is my configuration:

medium.png

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi there @Andrew96

Thank you for joining in on the HP Support Forums and Welcome! This is a great place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from HP and the community! I read your post on the HP Support Forums. I wanted to reach out to you and help! I understand that you cannot use HDMI since you had upgraded to Windows 10 on your HP G62 Notebook PC. 

Do you get a specific error message?

Can you hear either sound or see a video when using HDMI?

Did you happen to try another HDMI cord? 

Have you tried to restart the Notebook while the HDMI cord is plugged in? I've had to do that before to get mine to work. 

You could try to right Click on the sound icon and select Playback devices. Choose Digital Output Device HDMI.

If those do not work, please run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
  2. Select Troubleshooting.
  3. Select View all on the top left corner.
  4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

Capture.PNG

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if the issue persists.

If that does not help, please try to:

1. Press (Windows key + X)
  2. Click on Device Manager.
  3. Expand Display Adaptor.
  4. Right click on the video driver
  5. Select Update Driver Software.
  6. Once this is done, restart the Notebook twice and check if the issue persists.

The last option I can think of would be to:

• Download the driver from the HP Support Page (I can provide the download if you re-post the Model Number)
  • Right-click on the driver setup file
  • Click on ‘Properties’.
  • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab
  • Check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ 
  • Select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop-down menu and proceed with the installation. 
  • Restart your Notebook

Please let me know if I answered your question by clicking the 'Thumbs up' if the troubleshooting steps in this post resolved the issue for you please click the 'Accept as Solution' button. This will allow other's who have the same issue to find the solution also. If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please just re-post with the results of the troubleshooting and your Notebook Model Number. 

Have a great day! 🙂 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Unfortunately nothing worked.  :Crying:

I write the model of the computer waiting for the driver:   XF311EA#ABZ

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hi there @Andrew96,

Did you try a different HDMI cord?

Can you hear either sound or see anything when using HDMI?

Did you try to restart the Notebook while the HDMI cord was plugged in?

Do you receive any error messages?

Did you see if the HDMI was listed in the Digital Output Device?

Here is a document I found for you called HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting HDMI Display and Sound Issues. Please use the information in this document to check your settings and to troubleshoot specific problems.

Please try to: 

• Open Device Manager
  • Find the Graphics Drivers.
  • Right click on the Graphic Driver (If your laptop has an integrated card you have to right click that one).
  • Select Update driver.
  • Select the Search drivers in your PC option.
  • Select the Search from a list option.
  • Select a different version from the one you already have (maybe a previous version).
  • Click Next.
  • Wait for it to update the drivers.
  • Restart your Notebook.

Here are the most recent Graphics drivers for your HP G62-b07SL Notebook PC. These driver's are for Windows 7. There are no drivers for Windows 10 at this time. However, Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update.

You could download the most recent Windows 7 Graphics Driver, and then follow these steps: 

• Download the driver from the HP Support Page.
  • Right-click on the driver setup file.
  • Click on ‘Properties’.
  • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab
  • Check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ 
  • Select Windows 7 operating system from the drop-down menu and proceed with the installation. 
  • Restart your Notebook

Please let me know how this goes! 

Thanks! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Another HDMI cord doesn't work.

I doesn't hear no one sound or saw nothing.

Restart the notebook while the HDMI cord is plugged in doesn't work.

Do you receive any error messages?I doesn't receive no one error message

HDMI isn't listed in the Digital Output Device.

I tryed also to search an update of the drivers in the "Device Manager" but I receive a message that say that the driver are updated.

I tryed to downgrade the two driver but the resolution of the screen changed and the icons became bigger, whitout a solution.

Fortunately with the "Device Manager" I re-upgrade the two drivers at the version before the downgrade and everithing return ok.

What can I do now??

Have I to downgrade only one of the two drivers? And wath of them?

Thank you

Andrea

HP Recommended

Hi there @Andrew96

Here is a picture of what you should have seen when you used the Run the Graphics Driver's in Compatibility Mode method. You just need to make sure they are set for Windows 7 and it should work for you. 

Try running the Compatibility Troubleshooter for each Graphics Driver. 

In the Device Manager:

• Right click on the Graphic Driver
  • Click Properties
  • Go to the Compatibility Tab
  • Click the Run compatibility troubleshooter  

Let me know how that goes! 🙂

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.