Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

you  can reprogaming  your  flash bios bye  programer

HP Recommended

:smileyvery-happy:Great catch,

It did the job and left me grateful to you.

Note: Before you take out the CMOS battery
make sure you have the CMOS password, since you will need it after reconnecting
the battery in order to login.

In case you cannot get into the setup to
identify the BIOS password you can get it at http://laptoppassword.blogspot.com/2011/06/hp-mini-password-service-compaq-mini.html

I did not check this site or read any
comments about it. The price is 15$ and it might be a waste of money all
together (as I read in some places).

I did not yet find any other alternative for
finding the BIOS password, so that now that I took out and inserted back the
CMOC battery as suggested by 'Lotsahp' I am still stuck with not being able to
login to my HP Mini due to a BIOS password I need and do not know how or where
to getit from.

I will appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Yehuda.

HP Recommended

this is it,,,,,, do this [ ,1,,,]      remove your battry     [2]  lose the scrole @ the back of  the battry on the system{ the keyboard scrol}  [3] remove your keyboard [4] remove your hdd [5] remove those scrols holding the upper cover and remove the upper cover ,,, after this you can now remove the board lose those scrols holding the heat sink and remove the sink ,,,,, now get spirit of not less than 70% alcoho to wash the processor and the black chip beside the processor apply enough spirit to it leave it for not less than 9 hours after this heat the processor a bit like that of dv series [e g dv6000] leave it to get cool now your hp 2133 mini  is working i have did this and it works ok  pls try to aply cooling past on ur processor and the black chip beside it before puting the heat sink back this all i did and it was working fine 

HP Recommended

Got the CMOS password,
unplugged HD, RAM, & battery, and back to the old issue - blank screen
system does not boot up.

HP Recommended
hi everyone i am having the same problem my quick web hp shows u i go 2 windows start it shows a blinking cursor it just stays there i left my lato on 4 a day woke up it still wuz there plzzz guys help me u can contact me on youtube-mkfcf twitter rahsaan griffin or facebook rahsaan griffin has [black ops pic zombies] ill prefer youtube but lzz hel meeee i have hp mini-note2133 all black lzzz help n get in contact with me as soon as possible thank you
AND SUBB lol
HP Recommended

As with all of you, my netbook HP2133 decided to never to come back to life after it froze during a software update.

I used the computer as a privileged computer, since from the begining I realized that it had many flaws. Whether is the motherboard, the overheating, the incompetent battery life or just the plain slow processing, they all forced me to use it as it would be a privileged when-it-is-freezing-netbook.  

Ideally, one buys a netbook as a traveling aid to help facilitate your "on the go" computer needs. Once you pay pretty good money for an HP tablet, itt seems reasonable to expect a middle of the road performance. I have had pretty good experiences with HP. Unfortunately, they just did not care with this one. Perhaps they rushed into the ME-TOO marketing of their netbooks.  

I will warn you first time buyer, you should very cautious with portable HP products. Netbooks or tablets. 

I will explain the signs of a defective product, ie, my HP2133. 

From the beginning, the netbook overheated to make you feel your lap was on fire.

The video card showed signs of incosistency " sandstorms" while watching youtube videos. 

Memory, although, of course insuficient to run Vista (TM) is forced to be to close and packed under poor insulation. 

Hardrive is OK, however, I am still trying to get my valuable data out of the exoeskeleton of the useless computer. 

I guess that the irony bites the consumer. The warranty expired just two months after the machine dies. They must have the most sofisticated engineers trying to assess how many models will make the cut, instead of using them to generate a good design and performance. 

Needless to say. I wished I did not buy into the idea that HP can do something new, novel and good. Their run of the mill computers are good, but not the innovative ones.

IPBCBRIP

HP Recommended

Very disappointed with HP. My sons mini "brick" 2133 just died the same way a day ago. Bought ours back in early 2008 from the Navy Exchachge in Great Lakes, Il for my wife for school. As all of you, the reviews were great and price was good. Even got the extended warrenty. Sadly, its gone. The funny part though is that no one (HP IT people) has come on this forum to offer help or suggestions. Very DISAPPOINTED.

HP Recommended
Ok, this has happened to my hp mini 110-1012nr about three time so far. I found a way that has fixed it every time, but every couple months or so it happens again. The symptoms are that when I try to start it up, the power light and wireless light come on, but no fan noise, and the screen is black. It doesn't even try to boot up. To fix it, I take out the battery, then take the computer apart, and unplug every connection inside that can be disconnected, plug everything back in and assemble it back together. I have done this successfully without reseating the ram card. I have no idea why this works but I suspect the round yellow capacitor looking thing is the culprit since disconnecting the battery doesn't fix it but unplugging the components inside does. Try it out, hope it helps
HP Recommended
Ok, this has happened to my hp mini 110-1012nr about three time so far. I found a way that has fixed it every time, but every couple months or so it happens again. The symptoms are that when I try to start it up, the power light and wireless light come on, but no fan noise, and the screen is black. It doesn't even try to boot up. To fix it, I take out the battery, then take the computer apart, and unplug every connection inside that can be disconnected, plug everything back in and assemble it back together. I have no idea why this works but I suspect the round yellow capacitor looking thing is the culprit since disconnecting the battery doesn't fix it but unplugging the components inside does. Try it out, hope it helps
HP Recommended

I have the solves for this model hp-2133, is to easy...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.