The HP Community is here for you.
05-25-2009 07:07 PM
06-01-2009 01:28 PM
I'm having the same issue and found the info on Youtube, see below link. I will try to fix mine tonight and let you know how it goes. if you get to yours let me knwo if it worked.
09-19-2009 07:55 AM
Unfortunately, I am having the same issue. The link you pasted into your message is not displayed.. do you remember which link it was?
02-10-2010 02:39 AM
Check out this link: http://eeepc.net/hp-mini-note-2133-getting-black-screens/
It appears that the 2133 has a manufacturing flaw. Quite a substantial owners are having the same problem
04-26-2010 05:44 AM - last edited on 04-25-2017 03:38 PM by Omar-E
i also have the same issue i tried opening it up unplugged the hdd and ram still no response ..... ill tell you how to open it then give me a buzz at ym for any developments tnx .....
to open it is remove the battery pack underneath is 3 screws remove all of them then once removed lift the lcd monitor so you will be able to remove the keyboards .... to remove the keyboards is by lifting it up from top and pushing a little on both sides to un clam it then gently pull it up cause theres a flex connecting it on the moboard ..... if you have fixed you'rs pls buzz me or let me know [Personal Information Removed]
05-22-2010 05:07 AM - edited 05-22-2010 05:10 AM
- Mine was practically dead for a couple of months
- Power charging LED is ok, when I turn the power on, only the blue power lights up, the rest of the LEDs are dead
- Was already thinking to dispose it since warranty's over, I bought it as the last display unit for US$300
- For some reason I decided to leave it charging this afternoon and use it as a USB power charger for my mobile phone (I have no wall charger for my phone)
- After awhile the blue power led started blinking! (and I noticed the 2133 was hot)
- My phone stopped charging I removed it, and decided to open 2133 and hit the power on
- All the LEDs lit up and it was blank for a very long time-- but now there's HD and fan activity. I've put on the USB fan cooler. Still, blank screen
- I pressed FN + Sleep, It went to blinking power LED mode again
- Hit the power button again and it resurrected!
PS. Before it died here's what happened:
- I left a movie playing, 2133 is on battery (usually it sleeps well and turns on well so I always do this)
- Then suddenly it won't turn on again even after trying 2 different batteries, direct AC charging, or just on battery mode (tried this so many times)
- Practically it was dead for more than 2 months
05-22-2010 06:49 AM
try cleaning the your memory coppers (the golden color part of the memory) with an eraser, both sides, or borrow memory from your friends and try it on, your memory is DDR2 so you have to look for DDR2 memory ...if it does'nt work maybe the graphic chip your laptop has a problem, mind looking an hp service center in your place, they can fix it.
click the star if my reply helped you
mark this thread solved if my reply solved your problem.
05-26-2010 06:43 AM - edited 05-26-2010 07:23 AM
- same problem
- seems to have started after a windows upgrade...but could be unrelated
- popped out key board and found that the fan will fire up...
- still only getting the blue power LED
- that orange button above the touch pad will turn on and off
- appears to charge my ipod through the USB...
but still as dead as a dodo (no disrespect to extinct birds)
anyone thought about the micro switch in the hinge that sets the machine to sleep mode when you close the lid.... how would acces that to see if it works?
06-19-2010 08:01 AM
I have the same exact problem. Anyone here have a solution? I just upgraded the Mini to Windows 7.
I tried the freezer. It won't go to Bios by pressing F8?