Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP PAVILION DV6000 MICROPHONE NOT WORKING AFTER UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 7

HP Recommended

I have dv9000. At the bottom it says dv9408ca. Installed Windows 7. Built-in mic does not work, now.

HP Recommended

Hi. Am not sure if this will help.

My microphone was working until I tried to install Skype onto my Pavilion DV5000

Skype didn't like my existing browser so I updated to internet explorer 8 and also Google Crome. Skype then installed fine. I then discovered that my microphone was no longer functioning.

I knew the hardware was ok (as it had been working shortly beforehand) So I suspected the sound card driver.

I tried searched HP for the correct driver but was baffled by the number available and had a few failed attempts.

I persisted with the laptop itself and found the following fix.

Start  -  control panel  -  sound speech + audio  -  change the sound scheme  -  hardware  -  double click on the soundcard you have mine was "conexant high definition audio  - select driver  -  update driver..

This automatically downloaded and installed to correct driver and everything works just fine.

hope it helps 

HP Recommended

Hi , did any one got the solution to this problem, I updated my hpdv6565 laptop from vista to windows7 and the mic has stopped working tried driver upgratdion an all but no luck.

Will appriciate any help regarding the issue.

HP Recommended

Hello pgarg1. I understand you are experiencing issues with your microphone, after updating to Windows 7. You need to ensure that all of your computer drivers are updated as well, so everything is functioning correctly, including the microphone. Unfortunately, there are no Windows 7 drivers available for this computer, which is revealed here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&lc=en&product=3439671

For further information on why this is so, you can reference this HP website on why the computer is not supported on select operating systems: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03791820

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

I have a fix for this. After upgrading to Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit the mircophone wasnt working. So I got the driver directly from Realtek in the High Definition Audio Codecs section R2.73

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads

The exe should extract to a location on your PC. Then it was a matter of going to the Device Manager in Windows and Upgrading the High Definition Audio Driver using the "Have Disk" Option. The Realtek drivers dont specifically have a DV6000 driver but i tried the HDXHP880.INF driver under the vista 64 option (as i have 64 bit windows) and voila! After a restart of my machine the microphone was the Realtek internal port and after using the options for increasing the boost of the microphone sensitivity (+40dB i think it was) i can sucessfully have a conversation on Skype now.

I hope this helps / works for others.

HP Recommended

:smileyindifferent:

HP Recommended

If microphone doesnot work and only speakers work
Go to Control Panel> Sound> Recording> (to its Driver [Change settings])> Uninstall Driver

Now the window will say "No Driver" installed

Now restart the Laptop and make sure the internet is on
Upon Start there will be a popup that a device is being installed and it will lead to the "Searching for sound drivers online"
Let it search for a while then it will automatically search the correct version of the sound driver and will  install it. Your microphones will start working.

HP Recommended

i have same problem also . i download windows vista audio driver and install in windows 7.. now working fine ...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.