Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hi I have hp pavilion g6 notebook. Model number c5U58UA#ABA. I was once told that my pc should have bluetooth installed but couldn't find the bluetooth slider in the wireless devices setting that time. But after some updates the slider appears but it is not active meaning that I cannot control it. What else can I do please?
HP Recommended

My blue tooth device is not working. how to activate the above device. I donot have product key. Pl. instruct me so that the above is to be worked.

HP Recommended

I am led to believe that most if not all Hp g6 series like mine does not have bluetooth capabilities.

In which case you would need to purchase or aquire a USB bluetooth dongle, these are quite cheap around £5 give or take.

Once plugged in and your device you wish to connect with is activated you could use fsquirt (if using Windows 😎 to transferr files to and from the Laptop and other device.

Hope this helps.

🙂

HP Recommended

I have a Pavilion g6-1b79dx.

I know that it prabably doesn't have a bluetooth connector but is there somewhere or way I can get one?

HP Recommended

Hi Magelt87.

For what its worth I picked up my bluetooth dongle at a computer fayre some 6 or so years ago for around £4.

I am sure you will be able to obtain one at Maplins, PC World or RS components stores or even on line at Amazon etc.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/bluetooth-dongle/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Abluetooth%20dongle

A word of guidance though, if your bluetooth appliance is of over 5 or 6 years old make sure the drivers for it are still available for your PC.

My Samsung SGH-E250 mobile is no longer available for windows 8.1 as it is 6-ish years old so I have to use a card reader.

Which in some ways can be of less  hassle and less time consuming.

Hope tis is of some use to you.

HP Recommended

I had similar Bluetooth issues on my g6, it does not come with Bluetooth capabilities.

However In windows 8, I purchased a cheapo dongle (around £4) to use with my mobile along with fsquirt program and all worked well.

BUT when I upgraded to W8.1 then on to W10 there are no longer any driver for my Samsung SGH-E250 mobile phone even though fsquirt.exe is still on board.

I guess my mobile is around 6 or even 7 years old, as I do not use it much nowadays I wont bother to get a new one until I lose it in some way.

If your phone is modern there should be drivers available for it,  and you might have some luck with a dongle and using fsquirt.

Hope this enlightens you in some way.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.