Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

In my case, when I installed HP Client Security Manager, HP ProtectTools disappear

This is before:

before upgrade protect tools.JPG

This is after installation of HP Client Security Manager:

after.JPG

So I guess that HP Client Security Manager replace HP ProtectTools.

Julien Garrigue
www.juliengarrigue.com
HP Recommended

Ola Jorge!

Actually, did you install the last verion of  HP Client Security Manager  by following my link? If yes, in your control panel > Uninstall Program, do you have both installed? If yes, I sggest you to remove the old one.

By the way, finally, I got the pictures from your first post, could you please remove or empty your duplicated posts please?

Thanks

Julien Garrigue
www.juliengarrigue.com
HP Recommended

Hi Julien,

For the machine I got Windows 10 upgraded, I didn't upgrade the HP ProtectTools. It had the original one.

For the other one, it is my working machine and I came from holidays this week, I am working hard and I cannot try those things for now.

As soon as I have a break I will try and get back here.

Can you please post the pictures again? I can't see them!

Regards,

Jorge

HP Recommended

You too, you can't see them? So I guess it's a latency problem on this forum. Let's see if they appear tomorrow because on my side, I can see my pictures.

Regards,

Julien

Julien Garrigue
www.juliengarrigue.com
HP Recommended

That´s what happened to you yesterday!

Yesterday was worst than this, because I have posted and couldn't see my post. I have ended posting more than once the same post!

HP Recommended

Julien Garrigue
www.juliengarrigue.com
HP Recommended

This is the last version I culd find:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5404565&swItemId=vc_154774_1&swEnvOid=406...

for Windows 7 to 10 all versions

Julien Garrigue
www.juliengarrigue.com
HP Recommended

Hello.

Are you able to run the HP Client Security Manager with Windows 10 Thresold 2 (aka Version 1511) ? If that's the case, which SP have you downloaded ?

It told me to uninstall v8.3.12.1991 (SP71565) which worked perfectly before the update, then when I try to reinstall the software, it fails with Error 1603.

Latest version found in this thread doesn't work either.

Capture.PNG

In the Reliability Monitor, the install in fact, fails with Error 1603.

HP Recommended

Update : the solution was found here :

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-and-Software/HP-Client-Security-Manager-Erro...

Hope HP will release a patch soon...

HP Recommended

ah but hp8540w book 2

fails,  same as others.

Ill now try the update to HP client security manager way.

i only run , finger pad swipe , no other features. used. no HDD encrytons etc.

(win7 pro, the run , mem stick setup.exe. fails. for embedded... Hp Client security manager.

NO warranty answers by me.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.